Cantate Domino 88.2/24

mgalusha

Cantate Domino 88.2/24
« on: 26 Mar 2011, 01:38 am »
Bought the 88.2/24 version of this classic on the Proprius label from HDTracks today and while it's not something I will listen to often every now and then I very much enjoy this and so far it sounds very nice. I have not heard this in years as I never bought the CD so I don't have any way to compare it to the red book version but I'm happy with the purchase. Now I need to extract my JATP SACD since it's also on Proprius and no way I'm going to re-buy it for $40.

werd

Re: Cantate Domino 88.2/24
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2011, 02:08 am »
Its pipe organ heaven. Not really into pipe organs but its pretty spectacular. This would probably sound great on anybody's system and a great eg of what hi rez is all about imo.

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2011, 02:09 am »
Yes, Mike, it's such a great recording, and wonderful seasonal/chorale music.  It's one of those that are never in rotation but when the mood is right for such grandeur and grace..then this one is right there.  I'll never forget first hearing it at Golden Gramophone in Akron (since closed...duh!) years ago, through huge Apogee's...you could sense a lifesize chorus!

DSD_Mastering

« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2011, 05:13 am »
Yeah... too bad Antiphone Blues wasn't hi-rez as well.