Invitation for feedback from Demo Experiences

SE-Raider

Invitation for feedback from Demo Experiences
« on: 28 Jul 2006, 10:55 pm »
I think it would be very interesting to those of us not fortunate enough to be able to attend one of Rick's demo to hear from those who do attend, with their impressions of the various speakers.  For instance I am trying to decide between the Tanzanite and the SSR for my study but have heard neither, so any listening impressions would be valuable. I would also be interested in hearing impressionsregarding comparisons of the osound stage created by line arrays vs. point source speakers.  What are the impressions of the active crossovers vs. Ricks designs; is there a dicernable differnce/improvement, or just different means to the same end?

So I thought I might start a thread for that purpose, to allow those gracious enough to share their experiences.

Thanks

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: Invitation for feedback from Demo Experiences
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2006, 03:39 am »
I'll add.......don't forget the photo's.....thanks !! :thumb:

yo2tup

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2006, 07:28 am »
I have the tanzanites right now for the westcoast demo.  I have to say that I'm really liking them.  Full bodied sound with awesome dynamics.  Nice tight/punchy lows, beatiful midrange (especially with piano), and very satisfying highs.  I was surprised by the highs. I've always read that ribbon tweeters tend to be a little on the bright side, so that's what I was expecting alot of treble energy.  Instead I heard a a surprisingly relaxed treble....exactly how I like it actually :)  The speakers sound great with every type of music I've throw at it.     They are not perfect of course. They don't really disappear as well as others i've heard.  At times you can tell that certain intruments or vocals are coming directly from the speaker drivers.  But then again, a most good speakers can't pull off the disppearing act that well either.  The imaging is very good, but soundstage  could be better.  It isn't the widest, highest, or deepest I've heard.  But where it lacks, it makes up for with with pure musicality.  Its a very musical speaker that gets you envolved.  It conveys a lot of emotion and pulls you into the music.  I could listen to these speakers all day.  In fact, I have been.. :D

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 10 Aug 2006, 01:15 am »
Here's a link to some comments on the Tanzanite:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue26/davis.htm

A full review is coming later this fall.