RM40 Questions

BobRex

RM40 Questions
« on: 11 May 2006, 06:24 pm »
I'm seriously considering RM40s in the near future - I'll probably pull the trigger in Sept.  I have a few questions:
1) Is the hardwood waveguide ready?  Any pictures?
2) The plate amp used for the BPS specifies a low pass limit of 200Hz for the crossover.  Since the neos are crossed over at 280, is there sufficient fill in for the resulting gap?  Or is the neo crossover dropped down a little?
3)Are there any RM40s installed in the Philly area?  I'll proboably visit Dynamic Sound, and maybe even ask Woodsyi for a demo, but I was wondering if there was anybody closer.

thanks

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
RM40 Questions
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2006, 06:57 pm »
Bob,

You are welcome to check out my RM40s which have wave guides in place.  Since I actively biamp, you can also play with lowpass frequency on the woofers yourself.  I believe Josh K. just sold his pair within/near NYC.  That could be a closer location(?)

John Casler

Re: RM40 Questions
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2006, 11:16 pm »
Quote from: BobRex
I'm seriously considering RM40s in the near future - I'll probably pull the trigger in Sept.  I have a few questions:
1) Is the hardwood waveguide ready?  Any pictures?
2) The plate amp used for the BPS specifies a low pass limit of 200Hz for the crossover.  Since the neos are crossed over at 280, is there sufficient fill in for the resulting gap?  Or is the neo crossover dropped down a little?
3)Are there any RM40s installed in the Philly area?  I'll proboably visit Dynamic Sound, and maybe even ask Woodsyi for a demo, but I was wondering if there was anybody closer.

thanks

Hi Bob,

The RM40 is a great choice for a speaker.

1) Brian has some CDWG's made but he still hasn't settled on the actual production company.  He is shrewdly considering his options.

2) Brian does adjust the crossover in the RM40s ffor the PBS version.  This is brand new, but B says it is remarkable for the woofs.

3) Will have some RM40s in PA in probably about 6-7 weeks.  I am just finishing up and order for client of mine out that way.  He currently has the RM2's

john1970

VMPS RM40s in Boston
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2006, 02:43 am »
Bob,

I know that Phil PA is quite a distance, but if you don't mind the drive I have a pair of VMPS RM40s installed that you are welcomed to audition in Boston MA.  The speakers have the following:
1) Standard lite oak finish that I modified with two coat of satin poly (looks stunning).
2) Auricap crossover upgrades
3) Dual 10" Megawoofers in each speaker (Standard)

I did not go with any other options that the Auricaps to keep cost from going sky high.  

If you are interested or have any questions you can PM me.  

Cheers,

John