Welcome back

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
Welcome back
« on: 10 Jan 2006, 12:30 am »
Although I still have 91 emails to answer, I did hear about the 16 page thread about QC issues with the RM 30.

This customer wanted a satin black finish, (not a standard finish with the RM 30) which we provided at no charge.  Like all painted finishes it is delicate, and although I did not read the entire thread, it looks like it was marred in shipping.  Rather than go back and forth we will just supply a satin black set of RM 30 mls cabinets when they arrive end of February at no charge.

As for midranges dead on arrival, if you drop them hard enough you can dislodge one of the 84 magnets in each midrange and it then will frequently penetrate the diaphragm, making it fail.  We are sending replacements to the customer tomorrow so he has sound.

We are paying big bucks to BAX airfreight to treat our speakers gently.  If necessary we will go to palletizing or crating (very expensive with airfreight).  I want everything to arrive in pristine condition.  In a year with BAX I can recall one or two damage issue, only one major enough to file a claim.

Anyone who saw the mls RM 30 piano black cabinet at CES knows they are the best out there, and I am paying premium prices to get the best.  Yes you can get cheap cabinets from China, but we are paying a 50% premium over the cost of our Bud Bailey boxes to have the best quality.
I should mention that the mls cabinets have one-piece bases attached with sheet metal screws that are themselves braced.  They look like sculpture.