USING MPAD and MPOD on the IPAD and iTouch

Ned F. Kuehn

Re: USING MPAD on the IPAD
« Reply #20 on: 13 Mar 2011, 01:14 am »
Perfectly!  :icon_lol: The MPoD does not seem to like the new processor as far as I can discern. I have the newest software on both iPads.

Ned

Ned F. Kuehn

« Reply #21 on: 13 Mar 2011, 01:54 am »
I did another run through with the Bryston interface. Everything seems to work as I stated. Under settings it indicates a firmware upgrade. Is this true or is this an aberration. Nothing happens when the tab is pressed other than a progress bar appears that does nothing.
Ned

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #22 on: 13 Mar 2011, 01:59 am »
I did another run through with the Bryston interface. Everything seems to work as I stated. Under settings it indicates a firmware upgrade. Is this true or is this an aberration. Nothing happens when the tab is pressed other than a progress bar appears that does nothing.
Ned

Hi Ned,

That's only used if your installing an upgrade.

james

Ned F. Kuehn

« Reply #23 on: 13 Mar 2011, 02:12 am »
Hate to be be a bother, but I have some new insight. When I load a play list is the Bryston Max interface, it is recognized on the MPoD app. However I can not repopulate the database. It starts to load songs, then collapses - the program does not crash, it just fails to execute the album associations and other duties that it does so nicely with the original iPad. There must be am issue with the iPad 2. I would love to hear some other input on this. There must be something intrinsic to the iPad 2 that is leading to failure with the mPoD app. Nowmboth of my iPads have different names, but I would doubt that this should make a difference as I can gain access to type BDP-1 without problem on either. Perhaps I will rename both the same tomorrow and try again. At this time, I would be wary of the iPad 2 until this is sorted out. This is why I do not discard the old until the new proves itself (although I had no intention of discarding my old iPad as I wanted the older one for work and the new one for audio only). So it's back to the initial version of the iPad until this issue is resolved.
Ned

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #24 on: 13 Mar 2011, 02:49 am »
Hi Ned,

Have you tried removeing the MPAD APP on the iPad2 as an active application and then reload.

I have emailed the author of MPAD and asked if he has tested with an iPad2.

james

skunark

« Reply #25 on: 13 Mar 2011, 03:03 am »
Hi Ned,

Have you tried removeing the MPAD APP on the iPad2 as an active application and then reload.

I have emailed the author of MPAD and asked if he has tested with an iPad2.

james

A quicker solution is to exit the app, click the 'home button' twice to get the icons of the running apps, press the icon until it starts to shake in fear :) and the minus icon appears in the upper left corner.  Click that and you fully shutdown the app, then you can just start the app again.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #26 on: 13 Mar 2011, 03:45 am »
A quicker solution is to exit the app, click the 'home button' twice to get the icons of the running apps, press the icon until it starts to shake in fear :) and the minus icon appears in the upper left corner.  Click that and you fully shutdown the app, then you can just start the app again.

Hi skunark

That's what I meant but you explained it a lot better than me :duh:

James

Ned F. Kuehn

« Reply #27 on: 13 Mar 2011, 02:48 pm »
 :thumb: Thanks all for the insight. The iPad 2 DOES work. Go out and buy one in white - easier to see in a darkened room (so that you do not inadvertently sit on it). I had no idea how many programs were running in the background. I shut them all down and only loaded MPoD. I have all album art and this is the killer ap for the BDP-1.  :lol:
Ned

audioblazer

« Reply #28 on: 14 Mar 2011, 05:20 pm »
James, I removed apps , restored , refresh and did all sort of things and still no cover art but both mpod and mpad is good enough for me to just select songs and albums.
Tried to use bryston max but when I click on my wifi network was asked for device ( bdp-1) password which for the life of me I cant find it in the manual.
Tried to load bryston mini on both my ipad and iphone using wifi setting or my telco and launched safari and insert the address bryston-bdp-1.local , safari cannot open the page because server cannot be found.
After owning bdp-1 for a couple of months and tonight after trying for 1-2hours to get the art cover and doing all sort of frustrating things when I should be scrolling album cover arts ( thats the fun of using digital server) and listening to music, I cant seems to be intelligent enough as an engineer to get it to work- really pissing me off. I suppose I have to get the dealer to waste his time to come to my house to assist me. If it doesnt work somebody can have my bdp-1. No fun anymore
Sorry for the rambling - I m that frustrated  :scratch:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #29 on: 14 Mar 2011, 05:34 pm »
James, I removed apps , restored , refresh and did all sort of things and still no cover art but both mpod and mpad is good enough for me to just select songs and albums.
Tried to use bryston max but when I click on my wifi network was asked for device ( bdp-1) password which for the life of me I cant find it in the manual.
Tried to load bryston mini on both my ipad and iphone using wifi setting or my telco and launched safari and insert the address bryston-bdp-1.local , no connection to server.
After owning bdp-1 for a couple of months and after trying for 1-2hours to get the art cover and doing all sort of frustrating things when I should be scrolling album cover arts ( thats the fun of using digital server) and listening to music, I cant seems to be intelligent enough as an engineer to get it to work- really pissing me off. I suppose I have to get the dealer to waste his time to come to my house to assist me. If it doesnt work somebody can have my bdp-1. No fun anymore
Sorry for the rambling - I m that frustrated  :scratch:

The access for both username and password is   bryston   The MINI and MAX are accessed by typing in   bryston-bdp-1.local   on your Safari browser which brings up the Bryston home page.

You can also type in the IP address on your BDP-1 instead of the bryston-bdp-1.local if your having trouble connecting.  The IP address is available through the front display by pushing the DOWN arrow when you see BRYSTON BDP-1 loaded on the display.  If you can not connect using  bryston-bdp-1.local then your DNS table is not updated or updating or bonjour is not operating correctly.

Hope this helps.

james

Ned F. Kuehn

« Reply #30 on: 14 Mar 2011, 06:04 pm »
For art work to show, you need a file called folder.jpg in you album file. File structure is quite important. I have artist and under artist I have each album in a single folder. Within that folder for the album is a file called folder.jpg (this is the name MPoD search for for album art). I use MediaMonkey to load my music on my hard drive. MediaMonkey will make the folder.jpg file once album artwork is associated with album. I have found that somehow with a reinstall of MediaMonkey I turned this feature off. So I am in the process of reloading art work for a number of my files (about 2000 to search through), but as I am adding them, they appear. When you open an album, the window that pops up asks whether you want to play the album and if you want to refresh artwork. You may need to refresh artwork before it appears. Once loaded, all is fine. There are other programs other than MediaMonkey that add the folder.jpg files to the album file. I went through a disappointed period, but with the appearance of the MPoD program, music listening is a pleasure and I am uncovering music I long forgot about or did not even know I owned.
Ned  :D

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #31 on: 14 Mar 2011, 06:25 pm »
For art work to show, you need a file called folder.jpg in you album file. File structure is quite important. I have artist and under artist I have each album in a single folder. Within that folder for the album is a file called folder.jpg (this is the name MPoD search for for album art). I use MediaMonkey to load my music on my hard drive. MediaMonkey will make the folder.jpg file once album artwork is associated with album. I have found that somehow with a reinstall of MediaMonkey I turned this feature off. So I am in the process of reloading art work for a number of my files (about 2000 to search through), but as I am adding them, they appear. When you open an album, the window that pops up asks whether you want to play the album and if you want to refresh artwork. You may need to refresh artwork before it appears. Once loaded, all is fine. There are other programs other than MediaMonkey that add the folder.jpg files to the album file. I went through a disappointed period, but with the appearance of the MPoD program, music listening is a pleasure and I am uncovering music I long forgot about or did not even know I owned.
Ned  :D

Hi Ned,

Thanks for the help on this - where is that feature located in Media Monkey? I use dbpoweramp and it shows album art fine as well.

james

Ned F. Kuehn

« Reply #32 on: 14 Mar 2011, 07:11 pm »
Go to options. I think is under the first general options setting. It will ask if want files tagged only or if you want files tagged and an additional file called folder.jpg added to the album file. I have both operations being done. I really like MediaMonkey (Gold version), but the world has a number of other equally good options. Just waiting to write directly to NTFS formatted drives (nug-nug  :icon_lol: ).
Ned

audioblazer

« Reply #33 on: 15 Mar 2011, 05:05 pm »
Bryston Mini & Max working perfectly with album art. Refresh local cache multiple time. ripping using dbpoweramp and set up following dbpoweramp set up guide. Local cover art URL set up http://bryston-bdp-1.local/music. Filename Folder.jpg. Unfortunately still no album art. There must be something I didnt do right :duh:

audioblazer

« Reply #34 on: 15 Mar 2011, 05:11 pm »
Eureka. For the individual album concernI need to click on reload cover. Not automatic. thats odd

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #35 on: 15 Mar 2011, 05:20 pm »
Eureka. For the individual album concernI need to click on reload cover. Not automatic. thats odd

Hi audioblazer:

You tried this:

A quicker solution is to exit the app, click the 'home button' twice to get the icons of the running apps, press the icon until it starts to shake in fear  and the minus icon appears in the upper left corner.  Click that and you fully shutdown the app, then you can just start the app again.

You may have to refresh cache on the MPAD

Xinon

« Reply #36 on: 17 Mar 2011, 05:18 am »
I use EAC to rip my cd,s , and it saves the covers with "folder.jpg" .so changing the capital F to f worked for me  :)
Nice app  :thumb:

audioblazer

« Reply #37 on: 18 Mar 2011, 09:03 am »
James, I manually reload album art. Only 100-200albums so not too difficult. Anyway yest I ripped a few album & when I refresh , I managed to get album art. However cant see the bit rate/freq in mpad but for iPhone Mpod it works.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #38 on: 18 Mar 2011, 10:34 am »
James, I manually reload album art. Only 100-200albums so not too difficult. Anyway yest I ripped a few album & when I refresh , I managed to get album art. However cant see the bit rate/freq in mpad but for iPhone Mpod it works.
ewe

OK thanks - good news :thumb:

James

rfbdp1

Re: USING MPAD and MPOD on the IPAD and iTouch
« Reply #39 on: 9 Oct 2013, 05:05 pm »
Can't get MPaD to control bdp-1
Just started to use the bdp-1, connected the ethernet cable, loaded MPaD on my Ipad, configured the connection on my MPaD, inserted sample music drive and started playing music. MPaD is not controlling the player (player is listed as a "configured player" with wifi and remote icons, but is not listed as a "discovered player')
Thanks in advance for your help..