Newbie from Wisconsin

michaelzenith

Newbie from Wisconsin
« on: 1 Jul 2022, 07:25 pm »
I feel like it's been a long road to get here but I am excited to get started. I am huge DIYer. I am constantly tinkering, building and dreaming. Since I was 15 I have also been into HIFI. Last winter I started to discover DIY speakers. I of course feel in love with the idea. Over the years I have become a decent wood worker and have a modest shop built in my garage.

I currently run two main systems. (I of course have multiple set ups in the house but two main ones)
Home theatre set up is running Golden Ears all around powered by Emotiva.
My two channel set up in my living room is my current adventure. Emotiva pre amp and amp powering Elac Debut 2.0.Golden Ear sub. I will be upgrading the cross overs in the Elacs very soon.

The cross over project will be a challenge and I am sure I will lean on others in the audio circle for support.

Phil A

Re: Newbie from Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jul 2022, 09:44 pm »
Welcome to AC!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 1 Jul 2022, 10:48 pm »
I feel like it's been a long road to get here but I am excited to get started. I am huge DIYer. I am constantly tinkering, building and dreaming. Since I was 15 I have also been into HIFI. Last winter I started to discover DIY speakers. I of course feel in love with the idea. Over the years I have become a decent wood worker and have a modest shop built in my garage.

I currently run two main systems. (I of course have multiple set ups in the house but two main ones)
Home theatre set up is running Golden Ears all around powered by Emotiva.
My two channel set up in my living room is my current adventure. Emotiva pre amp and amp powering Elac Debut 2.0.Golden Ear sub. I will be upgrading the cross overs in the Elacs very soon.

The cross over project will be a challenge and I am sure I will lean on others in the audio circle for support.
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

michaelzenith

Newbie from Wisconsin
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jul 2022, 11:03 pm »
I feel like my road to DIY audio has been a long time coming. I am a highly creative DIYer who enjoys tinkering, building, and dreaming of my next project. I grew up with older brothers who always had music playing on their systems. I built my first around 15 years old and ever since then I have been spoiled with many great systems.

Last winter I stumbled on DIY speaker building and it only made sense to combine two passions of mine. Stereos and building things.

I like many of you have a stereo set up in almost every room of my house. My two main set ups are a home theatre in my basement. (Golden Ears all around including the sub powered by Emotiva) and my livingroom 2.1 set up. My livingroom speakers are the Elac Debut 2.0. My first project will be to upgrade the crossovers in them.

I am sure I will have plenty of questions in regards the crossover project, however I am excited to get going.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 1 Jul 2022, 11:10 pm »
I feel like my road to DIY audio has been a long time coming. I am a highly creative DIYer who enjoys tinkering, building, and dreaming of my next project. I grew up with older brothers who always had music playing on their systems. I built my first around 15 years old and ever since then I have been spoiled with many great systems.

Last winter I stumbled on DIY speaker building and it only made sense to combine two passions of mine. Stereos and building things.

I like many of you have a stereo set up in almost every room of my house. My two main set ups are a home theatre in my basement. (Golden Ears all around including the sub powered by Emotiva) and my livingroom 2.1 set up. My livingroom speakers are the Elac Debut 2.0. My first project will be to upgrade the crossovers in them.

I am sure I will have plenty of questions in regards the crossover project, however I am excited to get going.

Welcome again, I will merge this thread with the previous you just made.
Please read the GUIDELINES

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 2 Jul 2022, 05:06 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Michael   :thumb:

dpatters

« Reply #6 on: 2 Jul 2022, 05:45 pm »
Nice floors.

Don P