What speakers do you use with your Modwright gear?

Ictwoody

• Art Director. Artist. Kansan.
Hey guys,

Subject line pretty much says it all.

I currently have a 36.5/KWA-150SE combo hooked up to a pair of Dennis Murphy’s Philharmonic 3’s. I love the combo. My room is only about 12.5’x16.5’ and no sub nessessary.

I am just thinking about what the future might hold and I feel like now my electronics can probably accommodate and compliment some pretty nice stuff. It made me curious what other people with Modwright equipment are running.

- Woody

Bob Stark

Re: What speakers do you use with your Modwright gear?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Feb 2018, 08:28 pm »
Hey Woody,

I have a full blown modded Modwright 5400 Signature Truth with Audio Magic Pulse Gen ZX and Bybees on the rails, along with Star Sounds trans mod using 3 flat (.2") Audio Points between the trans and the chassis--the SS mod is equal in sound improvement as the other 2 together.  I don't have any other Modwright gear, but am using a TRL DUDE and a TDSS Level 3 modded Nuforce Ref 9 SE V3 mono amps to drive my VMPS RM40 BCSE MLS speakers.  The combo is extremely revealing, yet wonderfully organic, dynamic and I love the sound in all ways.  The only real drawback to the RM40s is you need to be seated to hear them at their best--some highs are lost by standing.  All my components sit on Sistrum racks and the speaker are on Sistrum SP-101 platforms.  Everything is held down by RTS couplers from Audio Horizons.  The racks and platforms, along with the couplers each made a very significant difference in transparency, dynamics, detail, bass clarity.  I have an analog set-up also with a heavily modded Lenco TT, Trans-Fi Terminator arm, Benz Micro Ruby 3, and Whest 3.0 RDT SE phono preamp.  The speakers were the first piece to my sound puzzle and the rest has evolved to this point.  Wires are Teo GC ICs, JW Reference IC, Core Power Technologies Equi=Core 150 & 300 PCs, Dynamic Design Spirit II PC, Mojo Enigma PC, WyWires Juice II PCs, and Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme SCs & jumpers.  Many of the wires were the last piece of the puzzle and helped to really bring the sound to even more organic, dynamic and very live.

cheech

« Reply #2 on: 5 Feb 2018, 12:05 am »
With my Modwright gear I have Daedalus Argos V2 speakers

cheech

« Reply #3 on: 5 Feb 2018, 12:09 am »
Should also say that prior to the Daedalus I had the Modwright gear married up with JM Reynaud Offrande Supreme V2s .  Very pleased with either speaker with the Modwrights (LS100; KWA100SE, Elyse Dac)

The Rang

« Reply #4 on: 6 Feb 2018, 04:32 am »
Woud love to have Daedalus speakers too.
Met Lou at his facility a couple of years ago, fantastic guy and great product.
But the Canadian dollar dropped in value shortly thereafter making them too expensive.
I’m using Amphion Argon 3LS and still have my KEF 104.2’s

Ictwoody

« Reply #5 on: 6 Feb 2018, 04:52 am »
Woud love to have Daedalus speakers too.
Met Lou at his facility a couple of years ago, fantastic guy and great product.
But the Canadian dollar dropped in value shortly thereafter making them too expensive.
I’m using Amphion Argon 3LS and still have my KEF 104.2’s

Hmm. The Amphion’s look really interesting. I’d love to hear them.

- Woody

Scottdazzle

« Reply #6 on: 6 Feb 2018, 04:08 pm »
Daedalus Athenas for me. Soon to be getting the new Apollo 11.

Ictwoody

« Reply #7 on: 6 Feb 2018, 04:19 pm »
Daedalus seem to be a popular choice. I'll have to look into them more closely.

Like I said... I'm quite happy with my current setup. But I can't help thinking about the possible future.

- Woody

rbbert

« Reply #8 on: 6 Feb 2018, 07:57 pm »
Daedalus seem to be a popular choice. I'll have to look into them more closely.

Like I said... I'm quite happy with my current setup. But I can't help thinking about the possible future.

- Woody
Well, they are geographically and philosophically close, and when you look at photos on the Modwright site Daedalus figures prominentlty

Scottdazzle

« Reply #9 on: 6 Feb 2018, 08:31 pm »
Well, they are geographically and philosophically close, and when you look at photos on the Modwright site Daedalus figures prominentlty

They're not just geographically close. They also work together on product development and have magical system synergy as a result. Modwright electronics and Daedalus speakers are truly meant for each other.

Drew769

« Reply #10 on: 11 Mar 2018, 04:53 am »
I have a pair of Vandersteen Treos with a pair of Vandersteen 2WQ powered subwoofers.  I have a Modwright LS 100 and a KWA 150 SE.  The latter is brand new to me, and so far so am loving the symmetry between the speakers and these amplifiers.  Spectacular!

Zkidd

« Reply #11 on: 27 Nov 2021, 01:10 pm »
In case anyone is still reading this topic, I am using a pair of DALI Epicon 2 on custom Sound Anchor stands. Excellent speakers and the LS100 with the KWA100SE make them sing in the best sense of the word....

minatophase3

« Reply #12 on: 27 Nov 2021, 04:34 pm »
I have a Modwright KWA 150SE and SWL 9.0.  Have had Dynaudio Special 40's for a while and just upgraded to Spatial Audio M4's.  The M4's sound amazing with the Modwright gear!

Khorn

« Reply #13 on: 27 Nov 2021, 05:35 pm »
Although I’m only using a ModWright preamp the LS100 I feel it contributes greatly to the sound of my system. I’m driving Klipschorns.

TomS

« Reply #14 on: 27 Nov 2021, 05:39 pm »
KWH 225i with Spatial Audio X5's  :thumb:

eichlerera1

« Reply #15 on: 28 Nov 2021, 07:04 am »
Pioneer Blu Ray modded by Dan.
Modwright Anniversary Pre Amp.
Modwright KWA 100SE Amp.
Hales Signature System Two Speakers.
Magnan ICs and Fidelium Speaker cables.

qdrone

« Reply #16 on: 7 Dec 2021, 03:25 am »

Odyssey Liquids with all upgrades.

eduke55

« Reply #17 on: 16 Dec 2021, 04:02 pm »
Currently Alta Audio's Alecs with KWH 225i and 9.0x. Great combo!

RickB

« Reply #18 on: 21 Dec 2021, 05:40 pm »
KWA-100SE with ProAc Response 3

raddar

« Reply #19 on: 21 Dec 2021, 07:37 pm »
LS 100 /KWA 100SE and Studio Electric M4's. Great synergistic combo.