Triode Wire Labs Exhibiting at the New York Audio Show, Sept. 26-28

Triode Pete

Triode Wire Labs is excited to be teaming up with Volti Audio (http://www.voltiaudio.com) and Raven Audio (http://www.ravenaudio.com) for the upcoming New York Audio Show, Sept 26-28 at the Brooklyn Marriott in downtown Brooklyn!

We'll be in Room 349, so stop in for a visit & listen!

Cheers,
Pete

macdaddyzee

Ill be there!!!  :green: Will you be serving the finest American brewskis tooski?  :thumb:
Your room is the only FUN room at the show!!!!!

BobM

Here's a discount coupon for the tickets to the audio show.

www.chestergroup

Select your ticket type (one, two, or all three days) and then on the next page, enter coupon code H2e0a1d4fi to get the discount. I haven't tried it myself but I am told it works.

macdaddyzee

Woah Pete!!! Your room was sounding sick good!! I don't know how you guys do it... Kudos my man!!!!

RSB

Wish I was there!

Randy

Triode Pete

Woah Pete!!! Your room was sounding sick good!! I don't know how you guys do it... Kudos my man!!!!

Thanks! We were packed for THREE straight days!!! A lot of repeat audiophile friends returning to the room numerous times... Dave Thomson, owner of Raven Audio, counted that 26 attendees commented that we had the "BEST SOUND at the SHOW!!!"

For our fairly small room, our sound was huge thanks to the gorgeous Volti Audio Vittoras (in Rosewood) & the Raven Audio tube preamp & 300B push-pull amps (26 watts per channel)... The Brooklyn Bridge Marriott lended much better sound in the rooms than the last two shows in Manhattan!

We had some great synergy going...  :thumb:

Cheers,
Pete

SlushPuppy

Congrats on a great show Pete! Wish I could have been there. Raven Audio is a new name to me and I've been living in Texas for almost six years. They are only 90 miles north of my house in Houston! Their Nighthawk Integrated Amplifier looks like quite a bargain and is very nice looking for only $1,595!

Cheers!

Slush

Triode Pete

Congrats on a great show Pete! Wish I could have been there. Raven Audio is a new name to me and I've been living in Texas for almost six years. They are only 90 miles north of my house in Houston! Their Nighthawk Integrated Amplifier looks like quite a bargain and is very nice looking for only $1,595!

Cheers!

Slush

Dave Thomson told me all of his products are 100% manufactured in Texas & utilize "point to point" wiring... They really sound excellent & I don't impress too quickly concerning tube amps & tube preamps...

Dave is into details & uses very high quality parts & NOS tubes, when he can, when he ships his gear!

Cheers,
Pete

tmazz

Pete I am not surprised that your room was packed and had many return visitors. In a show that was full of six figure system that produced sound quality that was mediocre at best (and sometimes downright annoying), your room was a breath of fresh air. Great resolution, huge imaging, dynamics like you wouldn't believe and yet smooth and never fatiguing all the way up through the highest SPLs.

And unlike macdaddyzee, I have a good idea how you do it.... it must be the cables.   :notworthy:

werd

I would've like to heard that room of yours for sure!

BobM

The Volti/Raven/TWL's were definitely among the best sounding rooms at the show. I think they stood up with all of the really big boys (e.g. MBL, Muraudio, Focal/VAC, Focal/Naim), but could have really shined if you had a larger room to show them in. I did think that the caddy-corner placement added to the appeal, being able to spread them farther apart than a regular set-up would have allowed. though that did limit the number of seats.

Also, as good as the sound was from any seat, being in that one center position made all the difference in the world. A big soundstage appeared with center fill and imaging, which is not what one usually experiences with a horn system. Of course, the macro and micro dynamics were what you would expect, and definitely blows away most of the cone-speaker rooms expect the very large ones.

Value-wise, although these are not cheap, it shows that you don't need to spend $500K to get awesome sound. And the continual crowd in the room probably means that many others felt the same as me.

StereoNut

I agree with BobM.  The Volti/Raven/TWL room was one of the best sounding systems in the show.  Great dynamics and scale.  The short depth of the room made it feel like a near field listening set-up, so I think a larger room could have made everything sound better.  I think a lot of the bigger named manufacturers with mega-buck systems had far from stellar sound, which helped many show-goers (including myself) appreciate Room 349 even more.  Yes, the equipment in this room was far from what could be considered inexpensive, but compared to most everything else in those other big buck rooms, Volti/Raven/TWL can be considered a great value when you consider price to performance ratio.

My 2¢

SN

ltr317

I went back to the room three times.   :thumb: :thumb:

coverto

I only heard one song in this room - "Fever" by Elvis - but was utterly awestruck by what I heard. Would have stayed but was under the weather. Did I just hear one easy track, or did this system wow with more complex, unruly stuff as well?

Lissnr

I spent my entire first hour at the show in rm 349...logistics had me arriving at the hotel at 8A.M. and I was lucky enough to stroll in and listen during Saturday morning's warm up process. It was quite a treat. Sound was very engaging; the big horns were full, fast, extended and brimming with authority but could also reproduce delicate passages with lifelike breath...The 300b's were doing what they do best and the underlying "Organic real-ness" I find as a signature characteristic of the TWL cables (I have a bunch) was there in spades. Great time. Great room. Great job. I'm impressed.

Triode Pete

Notice the PI Audio UberBUSS behind the gorgeous looking and (more importantly) sounding Raven amp & preamp???

Great sound is always a combination of GREAT SYNERGY!!!

paul79

• Industry Participant
Like the look of those components, but man, that's quite a few tubes for 2 channels of audio.

Lissnr

From a Solid State viewpoint It would certainly appear so but it's not really
Overly so... Yes, many tubed components have far less but I count about 30 tubes between both the pre and power which is 6 less than my previous pre/ amp combo and is 1 less than my current combination, not to mention several more in my tubed dac and phono stage. They do require a bit more attention but their 'true to life' aspects of the sound are non pareil ("without equal") with anything absent from them...

BobM

I asked the same question and was told at least half the small tubes in the pre are for the integrated phono section.

paul79

• Industry Participant
Was not speaking from a solid state perspective at all. I run tube amps and pre here, and I have 12 tubes total in my system, 3 of which are rectifier tubes.

My experience with gear that uses allot of tubes is they tend to miss the mark on inner detail and transparency.