Another newbie

bassraptor

Another newbie
« on: 20 May 2010, 02:55 pm »
Hi, new here .... just got a Khartago Stereo Extreme and Tempest 2 with phono a few weeks ago. Life has changed completely since then! I've unplugged all my fancy power cords, cables and interconnects and am running some cheap but well-made wires in place.

The amps are driving a pair of Maggies (1.6) ... I never heard these speakers sing so well, not with a Krell KSA-300s, not with a McIntosh MC402, not with anything else apart from an FM Acoustics amp (at about 10 times the price!)

My CD player is an Ayon CD-07. It just melds with the whole system!

I was toying with the idea of upgrading to a Stratos later, but my dealer (I'm not in the US) if I like the sound, stick with it. So I am ....

Honestly, thank you, Klaus, great work!

AnalogDog

Re: Another newbie
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2010, 02:35 am »
You're driving your 1.6's with a Extremed Khartago stereo? I'm driving my 12's with a pair of Stratos monoblocs (soon to be Glass Ceiling'ed...woo hoo!). Wait'll you hear how your Maggies sound driven by a pair of monoblocs, and yes, I agree, Odyssey amps and Maggies are an excellent match...rock on!

bassraptor

Re: Another newbie
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2010, 02:50 am »
For now, I can't take more!  :P .... intend to live with this for as long as possible! My CD player has a 2V/4V gain setting, and even with the 2V, I only need to go up to 10-11 on the Tempest vol control!

The new Exposure 3010s2 also drives the Maggies pretty well. But the Khartago ... mmm, something else ...  8)