Android app or widget to control Candela volume?

BobC

Android app or widget to control Candela volume?
« on: 14 Nov 2014, 07:13 pm »
Does anyone know of one which I can use on my Android Tablet to control the Candela volume via IR?

I already will have the tablet in my hands to control the Bluesound Node streamer, so I'm hoping for a simple app or widget to replace to stock remote control.

Thanks, Bob

Phil A

Re: Android app or widget to control Candela volume?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2014, 07:29 pm »
Perhaps Klaus can provide the remote code or you can try places like remotecentral.com

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2014, 07:30 pm »
Didn't see anything here - http://files.remotecentral.com/manuals/19-1/index.html

There may be more info in the forums.

srb

« Reply #3 on: 14 Nov 2014, 08:06 pm »
Perhaps Klaus can provide the remote code or you can try places like remotecentral.com

No codes.  Has to be learning remote

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 14 Nov 2014, 08:14 pm »

Thanks - there is also this - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dijit.urc&hl=en

I bought the Beacon several months ago for an old iPhone laying around.  Amazon was blowing them out for $9.95.  But it ate through batteries too much to my liking so I went back to using a Harmony One I had in the master bedroom system for both the master bedroom system and main system.

Logitech's Harmony database does say it is supported (which would imply there are codes, unless it means it has to learn?) - http://support.myharmony.com/en/compatibility?utm_source=logitech.com&utm_medium=harmony%20product%20overview&utm_campaign=compatibility%20lookup

I have not tried it with the system I have my Candela in, but it is a relatively simple 2-channel system.  I may try it down the road if I end up with another remote.

srb

« Reply #5 on: 14 Nov 2014, 08:45 pm »
Logitech's Harmony database does say it is supported (which would imply there are codes, unless it means it has to learn?)

Yes, I was just quoting a reply from several years ago, but a learning remote learns CODES.  There has to be an underlying code (?), Odyssey is just not aware what it is?

Steve

Phil A

« Reply #6 on: 14 Nov 2014, 09:20 pm »
Yes, I was just quoting a reply from several years ago, but a learning remote learns CODES.  There has to be an underlying code (?), Odyssey just doesn't know what it is?

Steve

Steve who knows.  I realized you got that from a reply by Klaus.  I bought the Candela from Klaus at the (July) 2013 Capital Audiofest (and then ordered by rack a few months after that) and remember talking to him when we were boxing it up at the end.  There's just volume as the rest takes more serious programming.  If something can be learned or can send out an IR signal, one would think that there is a code.  I have several Harmony Remotes (using 3 and have a spare brand new Harmony One I got at Costco for $98 when they were blowing them out just over a year ago) and it would not be the first time I've heard a manufacturer not aware of such things.  Many moons back I was using a Bryston BDA-1 DAC (with an HDMI audio de-embedder for hi-rez SACD converted to PCM) and was using the Harmony One.  There were numerous questions of James Tanner as to why Bryston does not like digital volume controls on DACs (losing bits was the answer) and I forgot if I or someone else asked it first but the standard Harmony remote had a minus 3db on it (which came up on the standard Harmony One screen) and the optional Bryston remote (which I saw in a store) did not and James was not aware of it.  I remember the old days when the big thing was having a wired remote with a long wire attached to the equipment:)

Miney

• Free your mind... and your ass will follow
« Reply #7 on: 15 Nov 2014, 03:45 pm »
I picked up a Harmony Home Control and it operates the volume control of my Candela quite well via their app via my Samsung Note... Odyssey was listed during the super easy setup. 

B&H has them for $108.99.