The VPC-3 and Me...possibly, we'll see, hehehe!!!

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
The VPC-3 and Me...possibly, we'll see, hehehe!!!
« on: 19 Jun 2011, 02:58 pm »
I've put together a nice small system:  Virtue Audio Amp & CD Player, Squeezebox DUET, Vintage JBL speakers and a Grant Fidelity DAC-Pre to manage the two signals into Virtue's one input. Nothing is remote controlled except for the SB Duet I program from an ipod touch. I like a simple approach and not too much going on in the path of the signal. My health has recently and very quickly making it harder and harder for me to walk, get up out of chairs, use my hands etc...I'm 53 and have Peripheral Neuropathy and inside a few months I went from an active 53 yr old retired drummer to a virtual cripple in progress as my disease quickly is forcing me to look into wheelchairs or other mobility help and the wonderful co-ordination I once had is all but gone, a simple task of putting a key in a door can become the most frustrating assignment of the day let alone something complicated like "get up and change the volume and grab a twinkie". Nothing is simple anymore so my question is can you guys take the VPC-3 and add a remote control volume pot, I can't afford the PLC-1 and only need two inputs, a passive pre, and remote control volume. I could do $299 plus whatever to add the remote vol pot, can you guys put together something like that?? Thanks Ed :thumb:

Charles Calkins

Re: The VPC-3 and Me...possibly, we'll see, hehehe!!!
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2011, 03:33 pm »
Maybe Dusty himself can help you out. His product so if I were you I'd take his advice.

Cheers
                                                                      Charlie

frankg

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2011, 03:34 pm »
There is a PLC-1 for sale on Audiogon. Why don't you make an offer? A used PLC-1 may be cheaper than a modified VPC-3.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jun 2011, 03:36 pm »
Thanks Charlie and great idea frankg!!!! :thumb: :thumb:

CIAudio

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jun 2011, 05:21 pm »
Unfortunately, it's not as easy as just adding a remote...

It also needs an IR receiver, micro controller circuit/board, and power supply to run the circuits. These features add significant cost, which is why we make a basic model (VPC-3) and a full-featured remote control model (PLC-1).

Your best bet is to look for a used PLC on Audiogon etc.

-Dusty

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jun 2011, 05:22 pm »
Thanks Dusty!!!