HAL MS-5 Music Server is available

Tubeburner

Re: HAL MS-5 Music Server is available
« Reply #20 on: 5 May 2019, 04:57 pm »
Question: Will the HAL MS5 run Roon with Tidal without issues?

Thanks!

HAL

« Reply #21 on: 5 May 2019, 05:50 pm »
I will have my MS-5 demo system back this week and will test Roon and Tidal.

Tubeburner

« Reply #22 on: 5 May 2019, 05:52 pm »
Thank you. I have a MS2 that needs updated to the MS5 or find a new home for it since I use Roon for now,

HAL

« Reply #23 on: 7 May 2019, 06:41 pm »
The MS-5 demo system has returned.

Loaded both Roon Labs's full version of software with TIDAL HIFI on the MS-5.  Both are working with metadata for display and playing files or streaming music with the dspMusikLCD ASIO DAC system to my iFi iCan headphone amp and Sennheiser HD650's.   

Using standard HDMI output to a LED display and works correctly. 

Runs about as fast as large file replay from SSD in memory player mode in Foobar2000.

HAL

« Reply #24 on: 6 Jun 2019, 08:20 pm »
The first HAL MS-2 to MS-5 upgrade was purchased by the beta tester Nick for his system.

The second MS-2 to MS-5 upgrade is complete and will be shipping to its owner this week.  Scotty did a write-up of his experience with the demo MS-5 system before he did the upgrade to his MS-2 system.

HAL

« Reply #25 on: 7 Jun 2019, 09:27 pm »
The MS-5 is ln the way to Scotty. 

Will be making music very soon.

HAL

« Reply #26 on: 7 Jun 2019, 09:29 pm »
Question: Will the HAL MS5 run Roon with Tidal without issues?

Thanks!

Yes, from my trials the MS-5 runs both Roon and TIDAL.

HAL

« Reply #27 on: 9 Jun 2019, 03:40 am »
The second HAL MS-5 that was upgraded from an MS-2 is with its owner making music.

*Scotty*

« Reply #28 on: 16 Jun 2019, 05:02 am »
I have spent the last few days listening to my newly upgraded MS-2, it is essentially a brand new MS-5 after the new mother board and new SSD hard drive installation.
  In addition to the mother board upgrade, I supplied a Crucial 500GB SSD to be installed in lieu of reusing the original 60GB SSD.  The upgrade from the MS-2 to the MS-5 resulted in a unit that sounds at least as good as the older MS-2 and its performance is superior in every way.
 Every program runs faster and you don't see the dreaded working symbol when opening a program or executing a process within a program.
 The 1080p video resolution is also a very welcome by-product of the upgrade. The GUI of all programs displays properly and is easier to interact with.
 Needless to say I am very happy with Rich's upgrade to my MS-2. The visual improvements and the increased program responsiveness due to the more powerful 4 core processor are very welcome additions to the excellent audio playback already inherent in the MS platform.
 Well done Rich.
Scotty

HAL

« Reply #29 on: 16 Jun 2019, 01:33 pm »
Scotty,
Glad you are enjoying the HAL MS-5 in your system making music.  What it is all about.  :D

Best,
Rich

HAL

« Reply #30 on: 15 Jan 2020, 04:01 am »
The HAL MS-5 Music Server and upgrades to MS-2 and MS-3 to MS-5 Music Server are still available. 

The stock MS-5 is $899.00 + shipping and the MS-5 upgrade for existing MS-2 and MS-3's is now $500.00 + shipping. 

gab

« Reply #31 on: 17 Jan 2020, 08:33 pm »
The HAL MS-5 Music Server and upgrades to MS-2 and MS-3 to MS-5 Music Server are still available. 

The stock MS-5 is $899.00 + shipping and the MS-5 upgrade for existing MS-2 and MS-3's is now $500.00 + shipping.

For any of you interested, I just put up a MS-2 for sale on the Trading Post.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=167525.msg1777792#new

HAL

« Reply #32 on: 27 Jan 2020, 10:48 pm »
I have a MS-2 or MS-3 to MS-5 upgrade kit here if one wants an upgrade. 

New MS-5's are also available.

HAL

« Reply #33 on: 6 Dec 2020, 08:35 pm »
Have both the HAL MS-5 upgrade kit and a full HAL MS-5 system available for customer purchases. 

The MS-5 has been tested with both Tidal and Roon for anyone looking to go that route.  The software and license for both are the customers installation.

S Clark has an MS-1 and gab has an MS-2 units available used for purchase.   The MS-2 can be upgraded to MS-5 if wanted.

Wishing everyone a Happy Holiday season!

Rich