SOLD: Sanders Sound Systems Magtech Amplifier

Don_S

SOLD: Sanders Sound Systems Magtech Amplifier
« on: 30 Jun 2018, 05:41 pm »
Many have remarked on the excellent performance of Sanders loudspeakers.  But few give proper credit to the amplification which is two Magtech amplifiers. Sanders loudspeakers could not sound as great as they do without a great amplifier powering them. In my time with this amplifier I have never found speakers that it did not perform well with.  This amplifier is a great choice for almost any speaker type and is especially well suited for electrostatic and planer-magnetic speakers. It was updated in October, 2015 with the replacement of all Thermal Trak transistors.

Despite it high power (500Wpc into 8 ohms, 900wpc into 4 ohms) it runs relatively cool which is why it was my summer amplifier.  Due to a deteriorating shoulder and knee, I can no longer make seasonal swaps with 50+pound amplifiers. I have put my entire audio system on a diet. I regret having to sell it and hope it finds a good home. Here is your opportunity to purchase a great American-made amplifier.

$2750 US sales only.  Sorry, no PayPal.  Cashier's Check or Money Order.  Buyer pays shipping from 95829.

« Last Edit: 6 Jul 2018, 11:47 pm by Don_S »

smilemakr

Re: FS: Sanders Sound Systems Magtech Amplifier
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jul 2018, 10:17 pm »
Hi Don,

I'm interested in your amp, but am wondering if you could tell me how old the amp is.  You mention that the amp is your "summer amp".  Um, about how many months per year is this?  (I know it's hot right now--it's 95 degrees here in Santa Cruz!).  Did you generally leave the amp on 24/7, as is recommended by Roger Sanders?  Just curious.  Anything else I should know about it that you didn't mention in the ad?

I could pick the amp up next weekend if it's still for sale, saving you the gruntwork of schlepping it to UPS or FedEx.  Thanks!

Mark J

Don_S

Re: FS: Sanders Sound Systems Magtech Amplifier
« Reply #2 on: 6 Jul 2018, 11:47 pm »
Mark,

Thank you for your interest. I did not see your post.  Do Market Place post responses show up in the main site?

I sold the amp an hour ago to someone local.