Outlaw RS5 vs RS7 Vs RS8 with 12" Subs

beowulf

Outlaw RS5 vs RS7 Vs RS8 with 12" Subs
« on: 7 Jan 2015, 01:55 am »
Hi all, I was just wondering out loud and what everybody's thoughts might be on the following ...

If one was going to order a pair of Outlaws with the 12" subs, which driver would be the better choice to pair with the 12" subs? 

Since everybody seems to love the RS5 so much (probably considered his his second best driver next the Hemp AlNico) and the lower end is the only con to that driver that I can think of.  And since the 12" subs would handle the lower end, etc.  Wouldn't the RS5 be the best choice?

p.s. I have no idea if Louis' new 8" driver will be called the RS8, but I just wanted to give it a name.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
Re: Outlaw RS5 vs RS7 Vs RS8 with 12" Subs
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jan 2015, 02:19 am »
The Super 3i is deadly with sub(s).  I discovered that years ago when the Super 3i had the old HempCone.  With the RS5 and it's fuller mids and bass, it's even better.  The dynamics of this combo are off the charts.  You need a very fast sub though.

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jan 2015, 02:25 am »
The Super 3i is deadly with sub(s).  I discovered that years ago when the Super 3i had the old HempCone.  With the RS5 and it's fuller mids and bass, it's even better.  The dynamics of this combo are off the charts.  You need a very fast sub though.

canada rob ,you always promote omega speakers?,are they the best?, i dont think so... :green:

beowulf

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jan 2015, 02:36 am »

Yes, I was thinking Outlaw combo with Speed 12s and RS5s similar to the Outlaw XRS on the Omega site.

canada rob ,you always promote omega speakers?,are they the best?, i dont think so... :green:

It seems as if there's always a compromise in speaker design unless someone is willing to spend a pretty large amount.  So what are the best IYO? :scratch:

roscoe65

« Reply #4 on: 7 Jan 2015, 02:59 am »

Given that Canada Rob is an Omega dealer posting in the Omega Speaker Circle, I'm not sure what else you would expect.

RDavidson

« Reply #5 on: 7 Jan 2015, 03:46 am »
What does "best" even mean in the context of speaker design? To me, there's only a "best" to the individual, which will vary widely. Thank goodness for variety and choices. :thumb:

beowulf

« Reply #6 on: 16 Jan 2015, 03:09 am »
So can I get a comparison between the RS5, RS7 and RS8 drivers?  This would be for a friend who is considering a 2 channel system in a medium sized room, but with high ceilings

And regardless of the driver chosen ~ there will be a subwoofer ran with them.

Thanks