Cornet 2 Build

pyxis

Cornet 2 Build
« on: 14 Aug 2013, 01:43 pm »
Hi,

New member here.  I just ordered the Cornet 2 kit yesterday and I'm placing orders at digikey for the rest of the parts.  Some of the parts are out of stock at digikey so I have a few questions.

1. Yageo resistor, part #150KW-1-ND, is sold out at digikey.  What is a good replacement for this resistor?  There are other Yageo resistors available in addition to other manufacturers.  The other Yageo's look like they would work but I don't know much about resistors so I'd appreciate some help.

2.  The fuse holder, part #WK0011-ND, is also not availabe.  Doesn't look like there is an equivalent item there.  Is there a recommended replacement for this part?

3.  I'm upgrading C203 to the Auricaps.  I don't want to upgrade C200, C206, and C208 to Auricaps because it's too expensive!  Are there any other recommended brands that don't cost quite as much as the Auricaps or should I stick to the stock list?

Thanks,
Steve

hagtech

Re: Cornet 2 Build
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2013, 05:39 am »
DigiKey has a really good search tool...

150KWCT-ND
4527K-ND

jh

cyto

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2013, 12:28 pm »
Hi,

3.  I'm upgrading C203 to the Auricaps.  I don't want to upgrade C200, C206, and C208 to Auricaps because it's too expensive!  Are there any other recommended brands that don't cost quite as much as the Auricaps or should I stick to the stock list?

Thanks,
Steve
There are dozens of possibilities here, a google search for audiophile capacitors will open the can of worms. just about any good quality cap will sound good, some better than others, some just "different". If you don't have experience with a particular brand then going with the stock caps would not be a mistake and if you upgrade later you are not really wasting much money.

galyons

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2013, 11:42 pm »

Welcome to the circle Steve!!  There are a multitude of great caps that have been used in the C2.  If you search this circle you will find many posts talking about the caps and other goodies.  I use Russian PIO caps, world class at surplus prices.

Cheers,
Geary

WireNut

« Reply #4 on: 22 Aug 2013, 01:16 am »

I don't want to upgrade C200, C206, and C208 to Auricaps because it's too expensive!  Are there any other recommended brands that don't cost quite as much as the Auricaps or should I stick to the stock list?

Auricaps may be hard to beat for the money. InfiniCaps, Sonicaps, AudioCap and others are going to be around the same price and all will have their own sonic signature.

pyxis

« Reply #5 on: 22 Aug 2013, 06:21 pm »
Thanks for the replies and welcome  :)

I'll take cyto's suggestion for now and start off with the stock caps.  I'll start experimenting after!

Steve