Atlanta Audio Scene

Lance

Atlanta Audio Scene
« on: 21 Feb 2020, 12:47 pm »
Happy Friday, I just became a registered member of this website. I live in the Atlanta area and have been for 36 years.

Though I know 1 or 2 places (and people) to discuss working on my Speakers, I would like your opinion on who to search out in my area.

My big issue are a pair of old (box) DYSelf enclosures with both front and side firing positions. I need to properly replace cones and perhaps
do some re-work on the box itself.  Appreciate your feedback.  Thank you.

Kind regards,
Lance

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Atlanta Audio Scene
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2020, 12:55 pm »
Since there's no response here I'll move the thread to Carolina Audiophiles group, which is much closer to Atlanta.

rockadanny

« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2020, 01:10 pm »
Hi Lance. The Atlanta audio club meets monthly and are very nice and helpful. Well worth attending a meeting to get to know them. I am not a member but recall many/some are into DIY. (If you're a vinyl guy their next meeting looks very interesting.)
https://www.atlantaaudioclub.org/

Not sure if these folks would be helpful with DIY, but they are good audio repair sources in/near Atlanta. Maybe call and ask.
At the very least keep these numbers for future reference.
Benny Amina in Roswell 770-410-1122
Jim Kumpe in Marietta 770-429-0434 (Jim is more the sales guy but can get you in touch with Gordon the repair guy)
Audio Lab of Georgia in Doraville 770-455-0571

Lance

« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2020, 02:53 pm »
...nice moving to this Region....Thank you.  Appreciate the leads...very cool. Soon as I recover from this nasty head cold I will pursue the leads.

rockadanny

« Reply #4 on: 28 Feb 2020, 05:50 pm »
Just in case you have that popular virus going around these days, scientists agree that the old adage, "fighting fire with fire", works in most cases, so I recommend drinking a case of these as a precautionary measure:

richidoo

« Reply #5 on: 28 Feb 2020, 07:46 pm »
^
As a vaccine, of sorts...     :beer:

Lance

« Reply #6 on: 29 Feb 2020, 09:58 am »
LOL!!!!!

Upper respiratory issues...really suck! 

srs735

« Reply #7 on: 3 Feb 2022, 07:17 pm »
Happy Friday, I just became a registered member of this website. I live in the Atlanta area and have been for 36 years.

Though I know 1 or 2 places (and people) to discuss working on my Speakers, I would like your opinion on who to search out in my area.

My big issue are a pair of old (box) DYSelf enclosures with both front and side firing positions. I need to properly replace cones and perhaps
do some re-work on the box itself.  Appreciate your feedback.  Thank you.

Kind regards,
Lance

I realize that this is an old post.

Having said that, and not knowing what part of town you're in, Northwest Speaker in Smyrna has done some great work for me: (770) 438-0500

10ear

« Reply #8 on: 3 Feb 2022, 08:40 pm »
+1onNortheast in Marietta.  If Gordon Waters cant fix it it is unfixable.     ole 10ear