Major Improvement to IA-7: Double The Power and new pricing

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
We can now double the power of IA-7 to 100W x 2 with a new 200W SMPS that will fit in the same footprint as the existing 100W SMPS. The upgrade will involve a simple swapping of the SMPS and a new connector wire will be provided. No soldering is needed and some handy customer can even perform their own upgrade.  Note that the 200W SMPS is customized from our factory and there is no off-the-shelf parts that you can purchase to perform your own upgrade.

New Pricing:
IA-7E – US MSRP $1495. Factory configured with thicker back panel, 4 sets RCA inputs (instead of 3 sets of RCA + 3.5 mm stereo), 100W x 2 using 200W SMPS (the rest of the spec remains the same). We will not change the model number on the front panel. The 200W version will be identified by a new serial number IA7E-00xxxxx and 100W X 2 label at the bottom of the chassis.

Upgrading IA-7 to IA-7E - The US MSRP is $150.  The upgrade kit will include SMPS, connector wire and “100W x 2” sticker.  Customers can request for upgrade kit through your dealer/distributor for self service upgrade or order the upgrade through your dealer (your dealer will provide you with a Help Desk Ticket Call ID for sending IA-7 to us)

Can you still buy the lower power IA-7 ?
We still have black color IA-7 in stock and you can still order them for $1195.

Is there any improvement besides the power supply?
No. But with the extra power, this little integrated really pack a lot of punch and control. The latest reveiw (with the 50Wx2 IA-7) from TNT-Audio (http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/nuforce_ia7_e.html) sums it up: "NuForce are really in a new league by themselves"
The 200W SMPS can actually supply more than 100W per channel since it is highly unlikely that  both stereo channels are simultaneously being driven at full power.

Our upgrade offer demonstrated our key value propositions to Nuforce customers that set us apart from other manufacturers:
Technology and value protection – your amplifier will not be obsolete and upgrade is offered to customers at a great value.

All our reference series products share the same family of amplifier boards and power supplies. You can count on us to offer innovation every 18 to 24 months  :thumb:

We have demonstrated in the last 2 years that we are very committed to taking care of existing customers. Here're some examples:
When we discountinued Ref 8, we offer trade-in to Ref 8.5 or Ref 9 and continue support of Ref 8.
When P-9 has been delayed, we offer full price trade-in of P-8 toward P-9
Now existing IA-7 customers can get the same level of performance as the new 100W x 2 IA-7E at a lower price with the upgrade offer. :drool:

We expect a high demand for the upgrade so please be patient. The upgrade kits will be available around end of December or early January. There is a long production lead time at the end of the  year.

Zero

Re: Major Improvement to IA-7: Double The Power and new pricing
« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2006, 01:42 pm »
Jason, do you still currently offer the 30 day trial periods? When will this IA-7 be available?

Thanks!

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 27 Nov 2006, 07:38 am »
There is no trial period for IA-7. If you don't have a dealer near you, you can contact us for demo stocks (these are as good as new, most with little or no scratches).  You can purchase demo unit for trial and return it if you don't like it. We have never charge anyone any stocking fee. There is no risk.

timothyharnett

« Reply #3 on: 30 Nov 2006, 05:01 pm »
There's a very obvious question here; if you've so heavily managed to upgrade the power supply of the IA7, will you be doing the same with the monoblocks?

Other than power, do the new supplies offer any other advantages?

Taosman

« Reply #4 on: 30 Nov 2006, 09:05 pm »
Jason,
    Has the IA-7 upgrade helped with it's RFI issues?
Do you have any suggestions for dealing with the RFI?

Taosman

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 6 Dec 2006, 05:53 am »
If you are a current or potential IA7 customer and is bothered by RFI, contact us directly.

pewe

« Reply #6 on: 14 Dec 2006, 10:10 am »

I've listened to the IA-7 and it's an impressive product. One question though: what sonic benfits does the double powersupply give?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #7 on: 15 Dec 2006, 07:44 am »
Since there is no change in the rest of the circuit, you simply get more power. Well, that resulted in more dynamic. Unless you have a very efficient speaker or have a small listening room, it is worth doubling the power.

raven

« Reply #8 on: 29 Jan 2007, 07:09 pm »
Waz up with the new SMPS  :drool:

pjbarata

• Gliding
« Reply #9 on: 13 Feb 2007, 10:13 am »
I’ve just got an IA-7E for testing from a local store in Portugal (I believe this is a IA-7 unit upgraded to IA-7E). My setup is based on a Rotel RCD-1070 player with QED Qunex 3 interconnects, plugged to a power conditioner with RFI/EMI filter from Olson and a Supra Lorad power cord. IA-7E is connected directly to mains (220V/50Hz) with original power cord. Speakers are Monitor Audio Silver 8i with QED XT-350 speaker cable.

Fist impressions are quite good, this little integrated seem to have good dynamics and transparency, is quite fast, sound stage is wide and overall sound is quite warm and not fatiguing.

However I can hear a permanent hiss that came from my speakers even from 2 meter away. This is less noticeable while playing music, but during music silences the hiss is quite audible, especially now that I found is presence. It doesn’t increase much while increasing the sound volume, neither disappears with source disconnected (pause or switched off).  This noise is however tolerable, but in my opinion, not acceptable as I’ve different gear from Rotel and Classé Audio, and none of this gear was such an effect.

As I’ve the habit to listen to music late in the evening, Jazz most of the time, this hissing can became quite annoying and tiring.

Will NuForce fix this problem?
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2007, 10:26 am by pjbarata »

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #10 on: 17 Feb 2007, 06:05 am »
This noise might be unique to your setup.  Does the noise reduce if you connect IA-7 to the power conditioner. If you play the music at very low volume, do you still hear the noise?

pjbarata

• Gliding
« Reply #11 on: 3 Mar 2007, 04:04 pm »
This noise might be unique to your setup.  Does the noise reduce if you connect IA-7 to the power conditioner. If you play the music at very low volume, do you still hear the noise?
You are right. After moving a little far both from my Samsung LCD and RCD-1070 player, the noise just went off. Thanks !!!