Nuforce Icon HDP -- BSOD!?!

lavoisier

Nuforce Icon HDP -- BSOD!?!
« on: 19 Aug 2011, 08:07 pm »
I wasn't sure where to post this, but I was wondering if anyone could help.

I just got the HDP today, I plugged in the USB connector and as it was installing drivers I got a BSOD. I restarted my computer and did the same thing and I am able to induce a BSOD every time I try to install the HDP drivers. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit. If I run safe mode I can successfully install the drivers but once I restart in normal mode I can't get to the login screen without my computer crashing.

Does anyone know what the issue is?

lavoisier

Re: Nuforce Icon HDP -- BSOD!?!
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2011, 08:58 pm »
I was able to install the drivers and get the HDP working on my Windows XP 32-bit laptop... this is frustrating!

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2011, 10:44 pm »
This is the first time we are aware of Windows 7 64-bit BSOD in relation to USB Audio (although googling found this does happens) The HDP and uDAC2 shares the same USB front end, and relies on the Built-In USB Audio from the O/S.  Nuforce doesn't provide the driver, USB Audio are part of the OS.

From our previous experience, while not specific W7-64, the USB Audio could get corrupted from computer virus or from system having conflicting or left-over traces of other USB drivers that caused problem.

Try to first do a virus scan to make sure everything is cleaned, then run a disc-scan to fix any potential HD errors, then re-install the latest service pack.

lavoisier

« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 2011, 06:35 am »
If the uDAC2 relies on the exact same architecture, then the HDP should be working as my uDAC2 is working fine.