(OOS) Dented Box Logitech Squeezebox Classic - $179 ($153 with coupon code!)

mshan

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/promotional_items/devices/6408&cl=us,en&ci=0

Bought one previously and item itself was brand new; front of box was scuffed above.

I think free shipping is included, and tax may apply in some states.

edit:  apply coupon code MIR15 for an additional 15% off.  :)
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2010, 03:54 pm by mshan »

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
What are the differences in this Classic model and the newer models? When should you go for one or the other?

mshan

Classic is the same as Squeezebox v3 or previous SlimDevices device with wireless capability.

From what I read, I think it is supposed to have better sound quality than other offerings, though delayed Squeezebox Touch may beat it.

chgolatin2

sweet deal, but I'm waiting for the Touch myself...

GeorgeHudetz

Thanks for posting this - I went ahead and bought it.  Sweet deal, considering that used units tend to go for $190 on ebay.

Still waiting on a Touch for the listening room, but this will do just fine for the HT.

jazzcourier

Is this the thing i need so i can listen to my Tanget internet radio feed through my two channel system....Please help me and explain..............Thanks!  John

acresm22

Also, does this have a built-in volume control via the remote? Can you plug it directly into a power amp and bypass a pre?

mshan

Remote does have volume up and volume down, though I haven't tested this function.

Does have RCA outs, which actually sound very good.

Don't know about Tagent radio, but would google and also check out my squeezebox.  Could also look at Squeezebox Radio if you want self-contained unit.

mcgsxr

I have owned a version of this for over 3 years now.

1 - yes, you could use this to listen to internet radio.
2 - yes, it has a volume control via the remote, and can directly feed a power amp - this is exactly how I have used this, for three years how - I sold my transport, DAC, Monarchy SuperDIP, and tubed pre after buying one of these.

Recommended.

mshan

Saw coupon code MIR15 for dented box Logitech Driving Force GT for PS3 racing wheel and it applied correctly for Squeezebox too.

So, $153 shipped (tax in some) seems like a screamingly good deal!

coke

Used the coupon above and got a squeezebox duet for $230 shipped  :D

acresm22

Yep, just placed my order as well...Squeezebox Classic for $152.99 to my door!Thanks guys for the info on the coupon code, and also the answers to my earlier questions.
Should be fun! SB straight into Music Reference EM7...

Mark, do you run yours into the Mag SE amp?

mcgsxr

Yep, the SB3 has directly fed the old Maggie SE.

In my current config though, I have an active Xover between the SB3 and the amp, to trim out the bass, and split that out to my sub amps.

I think the direct answer to your question though, is that in my system the SB3 is my transport, DAC, and preamp.

MaxCast

Looks like I better get ripping, just ordered one for 152 bucks.   :D

Airborn

Yup, me too, $152.99 to the door!  Thanks for the Sweet Deal mshan. :thumb:

mmmanich@comcast.net

coke,
duet, 230 shipped? how did you do it. best i could do is 339

thanks

coke

coke,
duet, 230 shipped? how did you do it. best i could do is 339

thanks

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/promotional_items/devices/5712&cl=us,en

Use the code listed above.

mmmanich@comcast.net

thank you

marty

Carlman

These are all gone. :(

Airborn

These are all gone. :(
Hey Carl,

The Squeezebox Classics are sold out but the Duet is still available and at $230 (w/promo code) it's still a smokin' deal.