Neuance Isolation Platform Coming

nature boy

« on: 13 Jun 2005, 11:31 pm »
Heh vinyl heads,

I orderd a Neuance isolation platform for underneath my Nottingham Interspace turntable.  If Ken Lyons the proprietor of Greater Ranges (Neuance) timetable is correct, I should be receiving it in a week or so.

The Neuance platforms have received a lot of praise from posters here and over at the Asylum.  I understand the rigid, low mass platforms take a couple of weeks to settle in.  I'll be posting some remarks in early July and likely be having Gordy over for an A-B comparison.

Cheers.

NB

P.S. - Just picked up a sweet little Marantz 2216B receiver (for a third system) for only $27.  Ah, what a hobby.

mcrespo71

« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2005, 12:44 am »
OMG, you are in for a treat.  The Neuance platform made a huge difference on the two TT's I have a Rega and a Roksan.  I'd be surprised if you weren't a happy camper after adding it to your table.  In my experience, TT's are the most sensitive to vibration and you can really hear the difference here.

Michael

Gordy

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2005, 01:44 pm »
Did I hear my name mentioned?   I'd absolutely love to hear your analog set up again!  Even if it does mean listening to improvements :lol:

I've two Felicia's completed now, and the makings of a third.  Be prepared for  another "OMG, you are in for a treat"  8)

nature boy

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2005, 10:39 pm »
It's not a formal review but here is my e-mail exchange with Greater Ranges (i.e. NEUANCE) proprietor Ken Lyons about my new shelf.  Sorry for the brevity but I'm beat from work today preceded by two days of chasing bluefin tuna in the Hudson Canyon off NJ.  No records, but my brother, son and I caught several in the 30-50 lbs. range.  Helluva fighting fish & now I have some fresh tuna in the fridge.

Hi Ken,

Just a note to let you know how much I like "your baby" underneath my Nott turntable.  The music is so much more expressive and dynamic, I can't believe the difference.  I spent about six hours on Sunday listening to albums - umm, umm, good - to steal a phrase from the folks at Campbell's Soup.

I'm saving for a Neuance shelf underneath my CD/SACD player.

Regards,

Roger

Ken Lyon wrote:

Hi Roger,

It's on it's way. Hope you like my baby.  I'm feeling pretty much up to speed again but I was dragging for the longest  time afterwards.
Anywhoo... Please let me know what you think after it's had a couple days to settle in.

Best,
Ken