Danny and the Super 7's featured in Stereomojo Show report.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: Danny and the Super 7's featured in Stereomojo Show report.
« Reply #80 on: 25 Oct 2012, 10:37 pm »
May the Schwartz be with you, HAL
We have a winner! :)

mykyll2727

« Reply #81 on: 26 Oct 2012, 11:38 am »
Pushing the edge in any endeavor is exciting.  Ignore the critics.
Just go build the best speaker that you can build. Who cares about whether a device is "custom"? It's the end result that will determine the impact of this.  Designing a speaker like this is a very bold move, investing a decent chunk of your life and resources in it.  Most of us sincerely wish you good luck and success with it.
Scott

I wholeheartedly concur. I wish you nothing but the best with it.

Rclark

« Reply #82 on: 28 Oct 2012, 10:09 am »
Did you take a lot of orders at RMAF for the 7??

johnzm

« Reply #83 on: 28 Oct 2012, 05:53 pm »
Seems as though the best (Light Harmonic) above has already been bested!  Look forward to all the details.

I am not sure why,but it seems like your not very excited about all the things going on.

FWIW, people like us should be the most excited.  people like us have been able to get INCREDIBLE speakers and kits for very cheap from a man who has been VERY open about his ideas and thoughts  on design. most  of us were lucky enough to be able to buy X series speakers  for DIRT cheap, that he designed. I would be pretty sure that  Danny has spent alot of his life "living in the shadows" of the companies selling his designs.

Now, he not only is a lead designer for a company, but they have given him the cash flow to build what sounds to me (and maybe is to Danny, too) is a true cost no object speaker for them, AND be recognized as the brains behind the project by anyone who buy's them.

now i don't know about you, but i am a patient person, and technology ALWAYS trickles downhill  :green:

so i guess what i am trying to say is that i hope the best for this new company, and for Danny to finally get the recognition he deserves from the mainstream stereo buyers/owners for his designs.

rjbond3rd

« Reply #84 on: 28 Oct 2012, 06:17 pm »
I agree that early adopters (who pay the most) subsidize what DIY'ers eventually get for low or no cost.  The physics is the same.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #85 on: 28 Oct 2012, 08:07 pm »
I am not sure why,but it seems like your not very excited about all the things going on.

FWIW, people like us should be the most excited.  people like us have been able to get INCREDIBLE speakers and kits for very cheap from a man who has been VERY open about his ideas and thoughts  on design. most  of us were lucky enough to be able to buy X series speakers  for DIRT cheap, that he designed. I would be pretty sure that  Danny has spent alot of his life "living in the shadows" of the companies selling his designs.

Now, he not only is a lead designer for a company, but they have given him the cash flow to build what sounds to me (and maybe is to Danny, too) is a true cost no object speaker for them, AND be recognized as the brains behind the project by anyone who buy's them.

now i don't know about you, but i am a patient person, and technology ALWAYS trickles downhill  :green:

so i guess what i am trying to say is that i hope the best for this new company, and for Danny to finally get the recognition he deserves from the mainstream stereo buyers/owners for his designs.

Well you pretty much touched base with all the reasons why I'm a GR Research lurker. I'm not a DIY're and I don't have deep pockets but an intense interest of new ideas & designs are all the reasons I need to be a daily observer here.  8)

Quite frankly, I find Danny's "deep pocket" designs of today much more interesting than his design work for AV123, a company that I was never a fanboy of anyways but was a lurker of neverless.  :eyebrows:

Cheers,
Robin

Danny Richie

« Reply #86 on: 31 Oct 2012, 04:37 pm »
Did you take a lot of orders at RMAF for the 7??

Serenity Acoustics offered up the first six pairs to the right people at half price. There are only two of those pairs left available. So not bad.

prokennex

« Reply #87 on: 31 Oct 2012, 08:23 pm »
Serenity Acoustics offered up the first six pairs to the right people at half price. There are only two of those pairs left available. So not bad.

Not bad at all. Way to go Danny

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #88 on: 31 Oct 2012, 10:07 pm »
Not bad at all. Way to go Danny

Way to go Serenity Acoustics!  :thumb:

wshuff

« Reply #89 on: 30 Dec 2012, 04:31 pm »
I don't care what an autoclave is, or whether or not the one used is custom, and I don't care what materials you've decided to use . . . I just can't wait to see pictures of the real speaker and hear about how it sounds!  Get to work Danny, you're going to have lots of fun in 2013!