BCD 3 remote

tcmo

BCD 3 remote
« on: 5 Dec 2018, 11:50 pm »
I remember reading here that Bryston was contemplating a plastic remote.  Is there any more information on this subject?  The cost of the CD player alone is above my "comfort zone" but I might buy one anyway to go with a B135.  Not too many "CD only" players available and they are European brands with limited service facilities in NA.
Thanks in advance.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BCD 3 remote
« Reply #1 on: 5 Dec 2018, 11:57 pm »
I remember reading here that Bryston was contemplating a plastic remote.  Is there any more information on this subject?  The cost of the CD player alone is above my "comfort zone" but I might buy one anyway to go with a B135.  Not too many "CD only" players available and they are European brands with limited service facilities in NA.
Thanks in advance.

Hi tcmo

Yes we are looking at a plastic version currently.

James

tcmo

« Reply #2 on: 6 Dec 2018, 12:06 am »
James,
Any time frame for the availability?  I've had remotes for CD players other than my original Magnavox (long time ago)!
Tom

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 6 Dec 2018, 12:30 am »
James,
Any time frame for the availability?  I've had remotes for CD players other than my original Magnavox (long time ago)!
Tom

I would say about 2-3 months.

James

gberger

• Check 6
« Reply #4 on: 6 Dec 2018, 01:20 am »
James,

Another very strong vote for a simple remote control for the BCD-3. It's a wonderful Spinner, and it needs a good, simple remote.

George 

OTM

« Reply #5 on: 6 Dec 2018, 01:54 am »
I would be happy with a volume up/ down and perhaps mute Similar  to the original .
Regards
David

gberger

• Check 6
« Reply #6 on: 6 Dec 2018, 02:54 am »
James

David struck a nerve.

I'd be more than happy with a simple volume control for my new BP17c preamp.

George

tcmo

Re: BCD 3 remote-more questions
« Reply #7 on: 12 Dec 2018, 08:05 pm »
Internet search found that Logitech has remote codes for the BCD-1 and B135.  Are these codes the same for a BCD-3 and B135 SST2?
Thank you.  I'm waiting for my BCD-3.

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #8 on: 13 Dec 2018, 02:28 pm »
  James, will the  the metal one still be available ...I love the feel and stability of it ..thanks... :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 13 Dec 2018, 03:54 pm »
Yes the metal one is still very popular.

james

Pundamilia

« Reply #10 on: 13 Dec 2018, 04:42 pm »
I still have my Bryston BP25 remote. I keep it handy in case someone breaks into the house! :lol:

gberger

• Check 6
« Reply #11 on: 14 Dec 2018, 07:01 pm »
Since it difficult to use the BR2 with my macular degeneration, I use it as a doorstop.

OTM

« Reply #12 on: 14 Dec 2018, 11:11 pm »
 :thumb:

gberger

• Check 6
« Reply #13 on: 14 Dec 2018, 11:17 pm »
Really wasn't kidding.

It's very difficult to read the inscriptions, even with back lighting, and changing the battery is almost impossible.

I really believe you have to have good eyesight to use it.    I've certainly tried.

Just my 2 cents

OTM

« Reply #14 on: 14 Dec 2018, 11:26 pm »
As said before, a simple volume up down would be great

RandyH

« Reply #15 on: 15 Dec 2018, 12:20 am »
I have a BCD-3 and have programmed a Logitech Harmony 650 to work. For the life of me though, and as much as I like the BCD-3, I cannot imagine why this player was released without a basic remote control.  EVERYTHING has a remote control...even $49 dollar Blu ray players at Walmart have a remote.

tcmo

« Reply #16 on: 20 Sep 2019, 10:43 pm »
Any further information on a plastic remote for the BCD-3?  In December, it was 2-3 months.
Thank you.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #17 on: 21 Sep 2019, 08:01 am »
Any further information on a plastic remote for the BCD-3?  In December, it was 2-3 months.
Thank you.

Hi

Yes we are close.

James

Calypte

« Reply #18 on: 21 Sep 2019, 08:08 am »
I'm missing something.  Bryston's website says there's a remote (BR-2).  I agree that it's incomprehensible that a CD player that sells for almost $4k doesn't come with a remote.  Surely Bryston could contract with someone in the Far East to create one for a few cents each.  The player -- from what I see on Bryston's and Audio Advisor's websites -- has no programming abilities, so a remote with simple on/off, play, stop, skip to next/previous track, etc., shouldn't be too hard to create.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #19 on: 21 Sep 2019, 11:46 am »
I'm missing something.  Bryston's website says there's a remote (BR-2).  I agree that it's incomprehensible that a CD player that sells for almost $4k doesn't come with a remote.  Surely Bryston could contract with someone in the Far East to create one for a few cents each.  The player -- from what I see on Bryston's and Audio Advisor's websites -- has no programming abilities, so a remote with simple on/off, play, stop, skip to next/previous track, etc., shouldn't be too hard to create.

Hi

The problem with dealing with the 'Far East' companies is tooling costs and minimum orders of 25,000 pieces.  Not an option for a small company.

james

« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2019, 02:58 pm by James Tanner »