Anyone compared the Bolder basic digital to the Stereovox?

claud

I want a decent $100 digital IC. Doing business with ones forum sponsors makes sense if they have a good product. Bolder has a basic digital cable for $85 to $125 depending on connectors. Anyone compared it to the Stereovox?

BikeWNC

« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2004, 01:49 am »
Yes, I have both the Bolder with Eichmann Bullets and the Stereovox.  I'm gonna say it will come down to synergy in your system.  What components are you using and do you currently find your system lacking in something?  What kind of sound do you prefer?

Andy

bubba966

« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2004, 01:51 am »
I've done a comparo between the Bolder w/Silver Eichmann's (performs better than the copper Eichmann's, but not as well as the Copper WBT NextGen's) and the Stereovox.

Don't recall what thread I posted the results in. You can search for it to get a more detailed telling of the results. But the Stereovox didn't work in my rig. The Bolder w/Silver Eichmann's was almost (and it was very close) as detailed & noiseless as the HDXV. But the HDXV was painful to listen to (quite literally) for more than 30-45 minutes. The HDXV is the only digital that's been like that in my setup. I've used digitals that were cleaner than the HDXV, but didn't kill my ears. Can't explain why the HDXV acts like that in my setup.

I'd imagine that the Bolder with Copper WBT NextGen's would be as clean or cleaner than the HDXV, but not be painful to listen to. The Silver NextGen's are even better, but cost even more than the Copper NextGen's.

bubba966

« Reply #3 on: 28 Mar 2004, 02:26 am »
Ok, did the search myself for my little digital comparo. Here 'ya go...
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=7710&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=31

MikeCTM2

wayne's price on silver WTB connectors
« Reply #4 on: 28 Mar 2004, 04:48 am »
i wonder how much could be added to the price from copper WTB connectors to silver?

mgalusha

Re: wayne's price on silver WTB connectors
« Reply #5 on: 28 Mar 2004, 04:57 am »
Quote from: MikeCTM2
i wonder how much could be added to the price from copper WTB connectors to silver?

The female WBT Nexgen are $35 each for the copper/gold and the silver are $50 each.  :o  I don't know what the males are but I suspect the price ratio is similar. I was at Wayne's today looking at them, very nice but mighty expensive.

Mike G.

bubba966

Re: wayne's price on silver WTB connectors
« Reply #6 on: 28 Mar 2004, 05:00 am »

Based on this thread it looks like the Silver NextGen's cost $21 more than a Copper NextGen PER PLUG. So I'd guess it'd be about $40 more than the cost of the Copper WBT digital to use Silver WBT's.

But I'd ask Wayne to make sure (as I've not asked him yet about the cost of a regular digital w/Silver WBT's and it's not listed on his site).

MikeCTM2

this thread
« Reply #7 on: 28 Mar 2004, 05:26 am »
that is a good thread.   you can tell those are very precision made connectors.    made in Deutschland.   sehr teuer!    i'm gonna wait for the price to come down a bit before ordering.

bubba966

Re: this thread
« Reply #8 on: 28 Mar 2004, 08:30 am »
that is a good thread.   you can tell those are very precision made connectors.    made in Deutschland.   sehr teuer!    i'm gonna wait for the price to come down a bit before ordering.

Wait for the WBT's to come down in price? WBT doesn't lower their prices as far as I recall.

It'd be nice they were cheaper. I do really like them on the new component video cable I've got. But $50 a crack does make a component video cable spendy...

Wayne1

« Reply #9 on: 28 Mar 2004, 04:37 pm »
The price of the WBT connectors are locked to the Euro. Depending on the exchange rate at the time the main order was placed, prices may vary.

I do not think the prices will be dropping. They might go up.