SS12’s and New SS7C - Sold

DEP14

SS12’s and New SS7C - Sold
« on: 19 Jul 2022, 09:27 pm »
I’m posting this here before out on any of the general classified boards.  I love my SS12’s, and I have a recently completed (but not even picked up) SS7C in satin black sitting at Jim’s.  The SS12’s I’ve had for just over a couple years. 

Recently my wife and I were able to fulfill a lifelong (or as long as we’ve been married… 25+ years) goal and we recently purchased a lake property.  So, for the time being I will be down sizing my system.  (I will also be selling of my nice McIntosh gear, a C2700 and MC462).

But, the SS12’s will be the hardest to let go.  Monkey Pod Veneer, and solid wood tops.  They do have some very nice Jupiter Wax Bypass caps in them also on the mids and highs.

I would of course like to sell the speakers all together.  Including the SS7C. They are heavy.  I never took the boxes from Jim as I took them straight home and figured if I needed them down the road I could get them.  That said, they are heavy and I would prefer a local sale, or some sort of a meet-up and pick-up.

Price wise, I simply would like MSRP on the SS7C, saves you the waiting and it’s truly brand new.

The SS12’s.  I’m not trying to hide anything, but if you are interested drop me a line.  I think you will be pleased what I would like for them.   I’m in Kalamazoo Michigan.  I’m not posting the McIntosh gear yet as if someone wants to demo them they should hear them on proper electronics.

As for me, short-term, I’m going to an old pair of speakers and my old Harman Amp, or an old NAD integrated… those wouldn’t be proper to drive the SS12’s with in a demo.

Drop me a line if interested.  Figured I would give Salk Lovers first shot at these before I officially post in the classifieds and all over the place.  I will post more pictures here in a few days.  I’m out of town and just made all of these decisions. 

Ok, to keep folks happy…

Congrats to Rich... he purchased the whole package.  Best speakers I've owned by a long shot.  But, priorities change in life. 

« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2022, 07:47 pm by DEP14 »

Mudslide

Re: SS12’s and New SS7C - For Sale
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2022, 09:49 pm »
The SS12's...THE best speakers I have ever heard.  So sorry that you have to let them go.   :cry:

GLWS, DEP14

DEP14

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jul 2022, 09:54 pm »
The SS12's...THE best speakers I have ever heard.  So sorry that you have to let them go.   :cry:

GLWS, DEP14

Thanks.  Yes, they are the best speakers I’ve ever heard also.  That said, no need to be sorry for me.  I’m fortunate to be in the position I’m in to even contemplate a lake property. It’s trade-off’s and priorities. I have 4 daughters, they are getting older etc…

newzooreview

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jul 2022, 10:42 pm »
I think you will be pleased what I would like for them.

From the Trading Post rules: "Individual for sale items must list an asking price."

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=454.0

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 19 Jul 2022, 11:05 pm »
From the Trading Post rules: "Individual for sale items must list an asking price."

This technically isn't the trading post so....

DEP14

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jul 2022, 11:25 pm »

I’m aware of the rules.  This isn’t the trading post.  That said, if it’s a huge issue I can change the post.

Jim gave me the OK to post here in the Salk Forum.  When I post them in the trading post, I will absolutely have it all listed.

But maybe just drop me a PM if it’s a huge issue? 

LadyDog

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jul 2022, 02:55 am »
Dep,
Looking to do the same, selling off top gear stuff to make it to the water. Being yours is nicer, know how painful the sacrifice is. Hope the dreams come true!

DEP14

« Reply #7 on: 24 Jul 2022, 02:16 pm »

DEP14

« Reply #8 on: 10 Aug 2022, 11:09 pm »
Unexpected (yet sort of expected as I knew I was buying a project house) expense just came up.

Would cut a pretty nice deal on these (the ss12's, or the combo) here if you have  interest or pinged me in the past on them.  Thanks.

Chriscorv58

« Reply #9 on: 11 Aug 2022, 06:18 pm »
Good afternoon,

Where are you located?

-Chris

Rocket

« Reply #10 on: 12 Aug 2022, 11:41 am »
Hi,

My dream speakers but unfortunately my room is so small I even had to sell off my HT3's and go with front ported Song 3's.

Good luck with the speaker sale :).

Cheers Rod

Jeff in the D

« Reply #11 on: 12 Aug 2022, 03:59 pm »
Chris,
I could be mistaken but I believe he is in SW Michigan.
Kalamazoo area maybe?
Jeff

Roy Sq

« Reply #12 on: 12 Aug 2022, 07:16 pm »
Long time Salk lurker and those are gorgeous.  Wish I had the funding, would snap those up in a heartbeat!

AllanS

« Reply #13 on: 13 Aug 2022, 05:32 am »

Given what the SS12’s would run in todays environment, I think it’s a good deal.  Just PM me with interest.

Both the SS10 and SS12 are shown as discontinued on the Salk website due to the woofers no longer being available.
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2022, 01:52 pm by AllanS »

Rocket

« Reply #14 on: 13 Aug 2022, 09:41 am »
Hi Guys,

My Salk Sound HT3's used the same bass driver which I think was custom made for Jim.  Yes they are no longer available now. Even my HT3's had really nice deep bass and I can only imagine how deep these go.

Cheers Rod

AllanS

« Reply #15 on: 13 Aug 2022, 01:58 pm »
Hi Guys,

My Salk Sound HT3's used the same bass driver which I think was custom made for Jim.  Yes they are no longer available now. Even my HT3's had really nice deep bass and I can only imagine how deep these go.

Cheers Rod

18hz on the website and I don’t think Jim is one who plays the numbers game.  Sure enough the HT3 is also showing as discontinued for the same reason.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #16 on: 13 Aug 2022, 03:06 pm »
GLWS Dep14. More of Jim's fine musical art. Sweet veneer.  8)