Visseaux 6V6 Globe - Clear Glass, Matched Pair NOS

doukhobar

Hello,

I have a pair of new Visseaux 6V6 tubes available. This is the clear glass, globe shaped original production Visseaux 6V6 tubes. Somehow, several years ago I stumbled on a cache of unused matches pairs that came in their new military cardboard wrappers, and I have a few left.

This pair are is essentially identical, except the first one has silk screening "Visseaux Radio" and the second one has an engraved Visseaux base instead. Other than that, the welded plate design, the plate colors (light gray) are completely identical as well as the getter shape, bright flashing and mica support structures.  I received these together in the same batch too, but it is interesting to note there is a minute different in the the bottom of the glass - one appears to have a cork material inside where the electrodes meet, and the other looks like it has a wick. I have never seen this cork before in my other pairs - one of the other tubes has a similar wick. I also want to mention, the only flaw is that in one tube, a piece of the inverted cup getter support is lose. This in no way affects the performance of the tube, and I have burned these in myself for 8-12 hours and listened to them and compared to my other 6V6 Visseaux globes, 6V6GT's and others.

I'm asking $400 $300 for this pair. I think that is a fair price, seeing that others are asking close to $400 and these are very rare. The Visseaux 6V6 have been used in my Dennis Had Firebottle amps to great effect. You may, or may not realize this, but this is the only pair of 6V6 Visseaux globe shaped tubes for sale in the world right now. I don't know anyone else who has these (except for the last pair I sold here). The 6V6GT design seems to be newer and comes up for sale more frequently. I've compared them and own both.

Thanks!

Tube on the left ahs the cork insert, tube on the right has the wick inside the bottom of the glass.

The tube on the right has the loose inverted getter component.

« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2018, 01:23 pm by doukhobar »

doukhobar

Re: Visseaux 6V6 Globe - Clear Glass, Matched Pair NOS
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2018, 01:24 pm »
bump for price drop.