Survey about online audio purchase

Rachel @ Grant Fidelity

Survey about online audio purchase
« on: 19 Mar 2010, 08:06 pm »
I am conducting a survey about if online audio purchase will work or not for consumers and would highly appreciate forum members' input.

We all see that more and more audio gear, from expensive to cheap ones, are sold online by manufacturers, distributors and retailers to increase exposure and trim down prices.

But what is missing and what consumers would like to see in terms of changes and improvements in order to have access to better products and services?

I will publish the findings once the survey reaches 1000 responses. Your 5-minute time is needed but it may change the industry for the benefit of consumers :) Audio is the hobby of forum members - let's make it more affordable and more satisfying!

http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/tools/questionnaire.php?sId=4383

You don't need to put in your real email address if you don't wish to do so. Just make up one then you can access the survey questions - one 5 questions.

Thank you very much for your participation.

Rachel

p.s. Not sure if moderator can put this at top as a sticky. If so, I truly appreciate your help :) If you feel necessary to move the thread to industry ad section, please feel free to do so. We have no intention for advertising but I need inputs :)
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2010, 05:03 pm by Rachel @ Grant Fidelity »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Survey about online audio purchase
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2010, 08:07 pm »
your link doesn't work

Rachel @ Grant Fidelity

« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2010, 08:14 pm »
your link doesn't work
ok, now it should work. thank you!

Stu Pitt

« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2010, 09:01 pm »
I'm not a fan of supplying my e-mail address to stuff like this, so I'll have to pass.

However...

I buy very, very few hifi things online because I have a lot of local dealers.  There's too much good stuff I can hear without worrying about shipping and returning stuff I don't like.

If I lived in an hifi desert, I'd probably have a different view.  The only thing I buy regularly on-line is new vinyl.

JakeJ

« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2010, 07:19 am »
<snip>
If I lived in an hifi desert, I'd probably have a different view.  The only thing I buy regularly on-line is new vinyl.

Welcome to my world.

MaxCast

« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2010, 11:41 am »
I'm not a fan of supplying my e-mail address to stuff like this, so I'll have to pass.

I agree, I'll pass on the survey.  :|

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #6 on: 20 Mar 2010, 01:22 pm »
Likewise - I don't need more unsolicited email traffic and I would rather not see AC further polluted by commercial efforts. This is not an opinion poll - it's a market survey. To me it is just another version of the dreaded and hated telemarketing.

mhconley

« Reply #7 on: 20 Mar 2010, 04:54 pm »

I have a Yahoo email address that I use exclusively for stuff like this.  It is free, quick and simple.  I login once every 3-4 months and delete everything in the email account without even looking at what it is.  Works great and I get zero SPAM on my "real" email address.

Martin

Rachel @ Grant Fidelity

« Reply #8 on: 20 Mar 2010, 05:04 pm »

However...

I buy very, very few hifi things online because I have a lot of local dealers.  There's too much good stuff I can hear without worrying about shipping and returning stuff I don't like.

No need for real email addresses. Just makeup one then you can pass the first page.

bummrush

« Reply #9 on: 20 Mar 2010, 06:22 pm »
 Like he said you dont need to put in real email,

Dan Driscoll

« Reply #10 on: 22 Mar 2010, 05:47 pm »
I took it and just gave my spam address.

zane9

« Reply #11 on: 27 Mar 2010, 08:26 pm »
More marketing crap disguised as a survey.