Anyone here using hearing aids to listen to music?...music,not streaming

Mariusz Uszynski

Hi Huck, take them back and get another brand, and be quick and merciless about it, it's a lot of money!!!Would you keep brand new audio component, if it sounded like crapolla???I don't think so!!!Your HA becomes part of your audio gear and should improve your "hearing lifestyle"!!!When I put on my Phonak P70-R, I hear improvement, whether I listen to the music, or watch tv.It's simple operation, my audiologist put me into booth, then she programmed my HA according to the test.I came home, put music on and I was as happy with the sound as "pig in the shite".They did the same with you, so I'm guessing, after they programmed your Widex and you are not happy with the results, so either go for different brand or go to different audiologist.With mine HA, my audiologist can do adjustments remotely, via smart phone, it's almost look like FaceTime or Whatapp video conference.That means, you can play your music at home and your audiologist can adjust the sound at the same time.But honestly, mine are set without any tweaking, the best tweaking is, when use HA application on your phone.Remember, when I have sent you those 2 home made videos?This is the best way to adjust your HA.

Huck

Hi Huck, take them back and get another brand, and be quick and merciless about it, it's a lot of money!!!Would you keep brand new audio component, if it sounded like crapolla???I don't think so!!!Your HA becomes part of your audio gear and should improve your "hearing lifestyle"!!!When I put on my Phonak P70-R, I hear improvement, whether I listen to the music, or watch tv.It's simple operation, my audiologist put me into booth, then she programmed my HA according to the test.I came home, put music on and I was as happy with the sound as "pig in the shite".They did the same with you, so I'm guessing, after they programmed your Widex and you are not happy with the results, so either go for different brand or go to different audiologist.With mine HA, my audiologist can do adjustments remotely, via smart phone, it's almost look like FaceTime or Whatapp video conference.That means, you can play your music at home and your audiologist can adjust the sound at the same time.But honestly, mine are set without any tweaking, the best tweaking is, when use HA application on your phone.Remember, when I have sent you those 2 home made videos?This is the best way to adjust your HA.
Hey Mariusz:
I never paid any money,as these are on a trial basis,so I can go with whatever brand/model I want.
When you say your AO put you in a booth and programmed your HA's according to the test,but that test was for speech.no? ....and you said you came home and put music on,but would that not be a different program??...how did they set your Music program up?
She only set me up with two programs,speech and music,maybe so as not give me 'too much to handle' at first.She programmed my HA's via computer based on my prescription,but never put me in a booth with the HA's in my ears.
I go back tomorrow for an adjustment mainly for some 'rough' programming.
I have a bunch of questions also, so I will see how she makes out tomorrow as far as answering these questions and I MAY try a different brand if this appointment/adjustment doesn't work out.
I read that most HA's go up to 8000Hz,some go up to 10,000Hz,but can't find anywhere how LOW they typically can go,do you know off hand? Thanks,Huck

Mariusz Uszynski

When my audiologist put me in the booth, I had headphones on my head and button in my hand.Every time I heard the beep, I had to press the button.Then, there was a pronunciation/speech test in foreign language.Then, she programmed my HA, using the test results.By saying "I came home, put music on and I was as happy with the sound", what you not understand here?I came home and play/put the music on and I was happy with the sound, I was hearing, using my HA.
About the programs, mine has 4 programs (Automatic, Restaurant, Music and TV).Then each program has 5 adjust programs (Default, Comfort, Clarity, Speech and Surrounding) and by changing those adjust programs, your equalizer will change and you'll hear the difference.For example, you press MUSIC program, then press Comfort-you will get more bass, less treble.Another example Clarity will give you more mid and more treble, this one is my favorite.On the top of it, you can create your own program and name it and using as you need it.
ON BEHALF OF MYSELF, I WOULD LIKE TO APALOGIZE FOR MY POLISH/ENGLISH, WHICH I MOSTLY LEARNT AT THE FACTORY, WHERE EVERY OTHER WORD WAS FUCK OR SHITE, LOL.GOOD TIMES THOUGH.

Mariusz Uszynski

I would like to add one more important HA feature.Some of brands sound really good, while streaming music from smart phone or computer via bluetooth.I thought, you should know this.

Huck

I would like to add one more important HA feature.Some of brands sound really good, while streaming music from smart phone or computer via bluetooth.I thought, you should know this.

Thanks,but I don't and I never will stream from a phone or computer for any 'serious ' listening,maybe while peeling potatoes,or carrots,but I will stream from a a good unit like the Bluesound NODE and from there into an external DAC and from there into a mid/hi fi preamp and from there to a pair of powered speakers and powered subwoofer.Thanks,Huck
« Last Edit: 9 Aug 2022, 10:51 pm by Huck »

Huck

When my audiologist put me in the booth, I had headphones on my head and button in my hand.Every time I heard the beep, I had to press the button.Then, there was a pronunciation/speech test in foreign language.Then, she programmed my HA, using the test results.By saying "I came home, put music on and I was as happy with the sound", what you not understand here?I came home and play/put the music on and I was happy with the sound, I was hearing, using my HA.
About the programs, mine has 4 programs (Automatic, Restaurant, Music and TV).Then each program has 5 adjust programs (Default, Comfort, Clarity, Speech and Surrounding) and by changing those adjust programs, your equalizer will change and you'll hear the difference.For example, you press MUSIC program, then press Comfort-you will get more bass, less treble.Another example Clarity will give you more mid and more treble, this one is my favorite.On the top of it, you can create your own program and name it and using as you need it.
ON BEHALF OF MYSELF, I WOULD LIKE TO APALOGIZE FOR MY POLISH/ENGLISH, WHICH I MOSTLY LEARNT AT THE FACTORY, WHERE EVERY OTHER WORD WAS FUCK OR SHITE, LOL.GOOD TIMES THOUGH.
Thanks,Huck

Speedskater

• Kevin
For those living in the USA:

Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued a final rule to improve access to hearing aids which may in turn lower costs for millions of Americans. This action establishes a new category of over-the-counter (OTC) hearing aids, enabling consumers with perceived mild to moderate hearing impairment to purchase hearing aids directly from stores or online retailers without the need for a medical exam, prescription or a fitting adjustment by an audiologist.

Huck

A little off topic,but,have you been cleaning your ears more since you started wearing hearing aids?I find that I do more now than before,as is doesn't take much to plug up the small holes in the end of the domes with wax,that's if you wear the RIC type,so what are you using for your 'ear cleaning kit'?
Also,I notice that some domes have one or two vent holes...what are the differences,other than the obvious extra/lack of vent holes,which I would think are there to equalize the air pressure in the ears.
I also think they have something to do with feed-back and I think the 2 vent hole versions allow more sound to escape,triggering the hated feed-back(whistling),but I could be wrong. I 'think' I prefer domes with two vent holes.Thanks,Huck :scratch:
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2022, 12:35 am by Huck »