What Works in Tweaks?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: What Works in Tweaks?
« Reply #20 on: 30 Dec 2012, 03:18 am »
I utterly disagree with the power conditioning making things less warm sounding. That would be an example of power restricting. Good power conditioning greatly improves tone and articulate. It will make digital much closer to vinyl.

I like DIY grounding devices for hanging off the negative terminal of the speaker. You can buy the fancy ones for $$$, but DIY ones work too.
i built a company around the premise that power conditioning can be done and actually expand dynamics by increasing the efficiency of of linear power supplies.  You can have great dynamics and absolutely black backgrounds.  Just take the BUSS.   :thumb:

Dave

WireNut

« Reply #21 on: 30 Dec 2012, 07:14 am »

I cannot stress enough the benefits of a good power cord.

http://www.audiotweaks.com/diy/bobcrump_pc/page01.htm

I am happy to own 9 of these.

WireNut

« Reply #22 on: 30 Dec 2012, 07:29 am »

I must worn you that the Schurter 4300.0603 IEC connector does not fit the Beldon 19363 cable.
You must purchase the Schurter 4782.0100 IEC connector from allied electronic or other vendor.

Enjoy.

Steve

Pics to come.

Folsom

« Reply #23 on: 31 Dec 2012, 04:31 am »
i built a company around the premise that power conditioning can be done and actually expand dynamics by increasing the efficiency of of linear power supplies.  You can have great dynamics and absolutely black backgrounds.  Just take the BUSS.   :thumb:

Dave

You have no idea how curious I am as towards what you have in yours.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #24 on: 31 Dec 2012, 05:36 am »
You have no idea how curious I am as towards what you have in yours.
I'm happy to say that it is a carefully guarded trade secret because there is nothing else like it on the market.  Intellectual property that will finally go through the Patent process.  Discovery has been filed for some time.

I will tell you that there are no inductors.  Inductance is about .003 mH.  Series resistance is <.003ohms.  They are capacitive due to the PFC network.

Dave