Another Hello

richidoo

Another Hello
« on: 15 Nov 2006, 10:33 pm »
Yet another NC audiophile climbs out of the woodwork....

I live in Cary. Met Shane earlier this year, been active in the hobby for about a year, though a musician and hifi fan for years before that. Finally got a space and budget to allow having a nice system.

My system includes Legacy Focus 2020 speakers, Cary SLI-80 tube amp, anticable wires, Squeezebox, modded Sansui FM tuner with a big yagi going on the roof (hopefully this week). I am saving up for Butler amp and maybe a Transporter.

I am a jazz trumpeter, trying to practice enough to play in public again, but it's not as easy as when I was 15! I am married with three young kids. I listen to a lot of jazz and classical and anything that is good music. I love growing out of my prejudice against classical music and discovering all the great composers for the first time.

My system is very accurate and natural sounding. It is rewarding to listen to and we blast it all day from breakfast to late night. I read about audio a lot and am always trying to learn something new about it. My son and I plan to build some amps this winter to get the feel for DIY audio project. I hope it will let be become more immersed in the hobby without being too difficult.

I would welcome a meet over at my house. I look forward to meeting youz guys in the near future.
Rich

NealH

Re: Another Hello
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2006, 12:12 am »
Welcome to the circle.  I'm your neighbor to the North....Raleigh.  You don't know how much I wanted to play the trumpet when in elementary school (long ago in a far off place).  It didn't take long though before I realized that I was just left out when the talent was passed out.    I subsequently tried guitar, later piano.  It was no-go with either.  Oh well...  At least I am able to listen.

I understand those Focus speakers are nice.  I was impressed with a pair I heard.  If you got a big room, they are right at home.

George

• spydernation
« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2006, 02:30 pm »
Welome from another n00b!

sheadlee

« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2006, 09:27 pm »
Welcome to the group  :D!

It's always nice to share this 'sickness' with other like-minded people.

Looking forward to meeting you...

hometheaterdoc

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 20 Nov 2006, 08:02 pm »
Howdy Rich!

Glad to see you posting over here.  We do need to get another meet together.  I'm putting up a post in a few here that might help in that regard ;)