Need For Speed - Heat

Mag

Need For Speed - Heat
« on: 12 Mar 2020, 02:52 am »
Okay, I had to get NFS- Heat Premium, even though I'm not finished playing NFS- Original deluxe.

IMO Heat is very much like Original concept, graphics just not as refined. However on Origin, Heat- Premium, can be downloaded for Windows 10, 4k TV.  Once the download was completed which took several hours, I set the game up. I used the best graphics mode but the game lagged as I guess my graphics card isn't up to snuff. So to get the game to run smoothly from the drivers camera view I took out HDR and bumped the resolution back to 70% at Fullscreen at 1920 x 1080. Also had to adjust controller to 10% deadzone as the car when driving would pull to the right.

Finally into the game, you have the choice of Day or Night driving. Day gets you more Cash, Night earns you more Reputation. You need both in order to progress in car purchasing and customizing.

With Premium all the cars are available for upgrade that I'm aware, even the Volkwagon Rabbit which I plan on getting when I get to I think it was level 12. The VW Rabbit is suprisingly a nimble fast car when you drop a 400 Horsepower engine into it (I learned that from Original).

So far I only progressed to level 2 as I have a crap car, Dodge Charger. And I've been roaming the town during the day to unlock some garage sites. You need to have some get away locations for when the cops chase you, which happens with Night racing, a tip I learned from Youtube.

So far I find the game a little more fun than Original and it seems to keep my interest, but that could change.

That's it for now!

Mag

Re: Need For Speed - Heat
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2020, 03:13 pm »
Update: Progressed to Level 5 and am now driving a Lotus- Exige S '06. The benefit of this car is it has quick acceleration and handles well for racing. Need to upgrade car with a Turbo for more Top Speed which I can't do until I reach Level 7.

Have not able to take screen shots with this game and haven't figured out if there is another method.

So what have I been doing? I've been driving around during the day taking out the Billboards. Some take some thinking as to how to take it out. Two Billboards, which I tried numerous times I could not generate enough speed to take out. I figure I'm going to need an Off Road vehicle to get the job done.

Also competed in a few day races, you have to finish first in order to unlock more races. I'm playing in Easy mode.

Graphics I bumped back up to 100% but at Medium quality, without problem that I can notice. I understand that my graphics card puts out 1080i which the 4K TV then upscales. But to play the game in 4K resolution I would need a 4K card, the Sony 2080? is like $1,700, not going to happen at this time.

Mag

« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2020, 06:47 pm »
Update- Made my way up to Level 11 and am now using two cars, the Lotus during the day and Land Rover at night. Both cars I now have upgraded to the maximum performance available at Level 11.

With the Land Rover I find I can lose the cops by going Off Road as I have it tailored for Off Roading. I was also able to get to some Billboards that I couldn't get to earlier with cars, better traction off road. I suck at Drifting no matter with car I use, will need to practice more or change tires to Drifting tires.

Watching NFS- Heat on Youtube, those guys zip through the game in a few hours, I guess they're really good. It took me all night to progress from Level 4 to 11 on Easy Level. I enjoy just driving/roaming around during the day at high speed. :smoke:

Mag

« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2020, 01:23 am »
Update:
 Made it to Level 16. Sold the Lotus and am now using a Mercedes, more Horsepower and Top Speed. Have $600,000 + in the bank.
 Also using the Land Rover/Range Rover at Night. My strategy for going off-road did not work. I tend to panic when the cops are chasing me. So I went off-road and boot it it and they were still able to keep up, then I hit a rock or tree and got busted. But I haven't given up yet on the strategy, have to stay calm and stay away from disabling objects.

Have gotten a little better at Drifting when I realized its similar to Winter Driving, trying to control a car on snow & ice.

Work has been shut down for two weeks so have lots of time for NFS right after I fix the plumbing, clogged pipe.:smoke:

Mag

« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2020, 12:40 pm »
Took all night to finally reach Level 22 so I could purchase the VW GTI (Rabbit). Swapped out the engine and maxed upgrades to 477 Hp, 0-60 in 3.27 sec., Top Speed- 223 mph. Have yet to take it for a spin as I am going to take a break.

So my two main cars are the Range Rover maxed out with current engine with 700 + Hp and VW Rabbit. Hope to get to Level 50 with these cars without having to sell one as these are the only two I can sell to make room in garage for another car. :smoke:

Mag

« Reply #5 on: 23 Mar 2020, 07:05 am »
Update:
  Made it to Level 30, need to get to Level 31 to upgrade Range Rover to maximum performance with current engine. The VW Rabbit seems to be the car for me as it suits my driving style, winning races with this car with ease. Unlocked the Austin Martin car to add to garage, so this gives me an extra car along with the Stock cars. I will need to upgrade it to better the VW.

Haven't done very well at evading the cops at night, though my tactic seems to be working. Just have to get better at it. Once I get Rep points for placing in a Rep race, if a cop/s are on my tail I will try to escape. If I manage to escape I'll find a place to hide and shut the engine off. You can see on the map where the cops are searching, when they are out of range I will try and high tail it to a gas station or garage. Problem is my car/Range Rover is taking a lot of damage by going off road and that is why the cops are Busting me. So I need to minimize the amount of damage to the car when going off road.

Nearly out of cash I will be back on the Day races and Challenges to up my Level and also have the coin to purchase another high power car or upgrade the Austin Martin. :smoke:

Mag

« Reply #6 on: 26 Mar 2020, 07:59 am »
Update:
  OK, at Level 39, its been a grind. Once I get to Heat Level 3 its been nearly impossible to evade the Cops. I've gotten Busted almost every time I reach Level 3 and lose the multiplier, really quite frustrating. Apparently from what I read it's a flaw in the game design. Because of AI Rubberbanding the Cops seem to always catch up even though I'm driving really fast.

I purchased the Porsche 911 GT2 RS '18. 766 Hp, 0-60 in 2.5 sec., Top Speed 218 mph with Rally Tires and acceleration of 7.6 which is the fastest of the cars I could afford to purchase. For the soul reason of outrunning the Cops, but it hasn't worked for me once I reach Heat 3. From what I read at Level 43 the Cops get easier to lose because you can purchase the Level 2 Repair Kit.

Origin has updated the game, so I have the latest version with many of the game glitches fixed and I think I saw that I have 136 cars available to me, when there was only 133 at game start. Also the Safe House garage near the Speed Oval is no longer there, but I see two new ones, one to the far West and one on the top North road. The Rubberbanding of Cops doesn't seem to have changed.

My advice is if you play this game, once you reach Heat Level 2 and manage to lose the Cops. Be content with the Night Outing and head for a garage as fast as you can.

Mag

« Reply #7 on: 27 Mar 2020, 12:52 pm »
Update:
  Finished Level 50 - Scored 3,392,455 Rep in 101 hours of gameplay at Easy Level. Though Easy Level was quite a challenge to complete.
  I will continue racing during the Day to accumulate Cash so I can purchase and try some of the other cars. I found the Porsche 911 GT2 RS '18 a real pleasure to drive at high speed. The car handled well and purred like a kitten.
 I did not do well at evading the Cops at and above Heat Level 3 and I'm disappointed with myself that I didn't perform better. I did however learn a tactic of hiding off-road and when the coast was clear of Cops, I would then drive as quick as I could to another spot as I inched my way to a Garage/Hideout.
  It also got easier to Level Up faster at Level 43 but I still had to grind it out for the most part. I believe my driving is pretty good but will have be more aggressive if I decide to play again at Medium or Hard Level.

The graphics of the game is excellent upscaled to 4K on TV with an Nvidia 1080i HDMI output graphics card.

Overall I'd say the game in Very Good but it would be better if the developers fixed how the Cops are able to keep up, especially when going off-road doing 130 mph flying off a cliff and they're right there! As a player you need to be very persistent if you going to finish Level 50 Rep.

Thanks to everyone who followed this Thread. :thumb:

Mag

« Reply #8 on: 20 Apr 2020, 05:02 am »
Update:

Okay, I actually completed the Game Story Missions so I've just been driving around trying different cars and finding the remaining Pink Flamigos and Street Art. Got all the Billboards and scored 3 Stars on several Jumps but some Jumps are difficult, one Jump in particular I was able to 1 Star can't see 2 or 3 Starring it.

Cars purchased in addition to Stock Cars. Ford Raptor LE '17(reward for winning race), Land Rover Sport SVR '15, Porsche 918 Spyder '15, Koenigsegg Regara '16, Audi R8 Vio Performance '19, Mini JCW Countryman '17.
Sold VW Rabbit and two other cars earned.

Will try to score 1 million Rep points in a Night Out before quitting out the game or restart. Don't think I can pull it off as the Cops for me are pretty tough to evade once getting to Level 4 & 5.

Current game score Rep 4,181,115 points. :smoke:

Mag

« Reply #9 on: 20 Apr 2020, 09:50 am »
May have solved the Screenshot issue, photos of my cars to follow if Test works.

My Lotus (before selling)

Street shot outside Garage to give an idea of graphics

Mag

« Reply #10 on: 20 Apr 2020, 10:59 am »
My Cars:

Ford Raptor LE '17

Land Rover Sport SVR '15

Porsche 918 Spyder '15

Koenigsegg Regera '16

Audi R8 V10 Performance '19

Mini JCW Countryman '17

Mag

« Reply #11 on: 29 Apr 2020, 10:32 pm »
My Latest car:

Ferrari - LaFerrari '13

Mag

« Reply #12 on: 2 May 2020, 10:38 am »
My latest baby, she purrs like a kitten. The idea here is to use money earned in Day races to purchase cars. Because when you switch to Night racing you lose your money to the Cops, when Busted. So I put the money into cars which they can't take.

Pagani - Huayra BC '17

Mag

« Reply #13 on: 13 Jun 2020, 03:02 am »
One of my new Rides, I still need to take Screenshots of the other two.

Ford F 150 maxed out it only does about 216 mph top speed. The idea though is its built like a tank do I can take more hits from the Police trying to evade. Still haven't mastered evading the police but I am able to get to Level 5 now without being Busted trying to get to Level 5. Picked up two Ultimate Parts but need to unlock a few more thus the need complete a Level 5 Race and get back to a Safehouse. :smoke:

Mag

« Reply #14 on: 15 Jun 2021, 07:40 pm »
My latest Baby the Porsche 911 RSR '73, I've been setting new personnel Track Times with this car. When maxed out this is considered the Best car in the game. Very nimble in handling which takes some practice to control the car at high speed. Excellent cornering on the road when car is fine tuned.

880 Horsepower, 0-60 mph 2.13 seconds, Max torque 733 ft-lb, Top Speed- 233 mph

A screenshot doing 216 mph. Difficult to get a faster speed as I have to take finger off the throttle to take screenshot.