Rock Band3 Fender Midi Guitar controller for XBOX360 is here!

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Just received the Fender Squire Stratocaster Midi controller for Rock Band 3 on XBOX360.

The tutorials for the Pro Mode are supposed to be very good.  I really need practice!  This should be interesting!

Still waiting for the Mad Catz Midi interface to arrive to give it a try.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
The Mad Catz Pro MIDI interface arrived and it was fun playing the Strat with RB3 on XBOX360!

The tutorials for teaching the basics on guitar are very good.  Basically teaching tablature reading with a cool way of seeing where your finger are on the fretboard.

Now for lots of practice to really play a song!  It really is playing a guitar!  :D

drphoto

I'll admit that I never quite 'got' Rock Band. But this looks cool, if you can play an actual guitar. Please keep us posted. If it helps one learn, all the better.....I need all the help I can get on the 6 string.

What does all this cost BTW? (yeah, I could research it, but I'm lazy)

HAL

• Industry Contributor
The RB3 Strat and PRO MIDI controller are $340 shipped.  The XBOX360 is $299 with a large hard drive (already had the console starting with RB1).  Game was $40 on sale.

The fun part is you can have the family together singing and playing along to favorite songs and trying to do the best they can.   The scoring helps you along with the practice modes. 

The other part is being able to play online with other friends on the same song.   

It also lets you compose music if you really get into understanding the game.  Tools are even available to make songs for RB Network.