Finite Elemente Segement X Rack Isolation

roamling

Finite Elemente Segement X Rack Isolation
« on: 25 Jan 2012, 09:10 am »
Hi,

I have a specific question. I have a Finite Elemente Segement X Rack which is a bit odd shaped. See here:

http://www.immediasound.com/FiniteElemente-Segment-X.html

I am searching for some isolation feet that is not to high (max 2-3 cm) and decouples the rack with equipment from the ground (weight is about 100kg including equipment). The rack sits on a wooden floor. What do you think works best in that case?

Thanks

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
Re: Finite Elemente Segement X Rack Isolation
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2012, 01:03 pm »
Five Giant Fat Grounding Bases would be ideal.

Giant Fat Grounding Base

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

roamling

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2012, 01:22 pm »
Thanks  :D

roamling

« Reply #3 on: 3 Feb 2012, 12:08 pm »
Oh, by the way, what about the X-Large Fat Dot or the Giant Fat Dot. Sizewise they look "nicer". Would the level of decoupling the whole rack with equipment be less effective with these compared to the Giant Fat Grounding Base?

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #4 on: 3 Feb 2012, 02:33 pm »
Fat Dots would provide equivalently effective decoupling. Because the material has some compliance, X-Large Fat Dots and Giant Fat Dots are best used between flat surfaces.

I'm not sure how wide the narrow legs are on the Segment-X rack; with much weight on them, they might indent or punch int the Fat Dot dBNeutralizer material. With its reversible stainless steel disk, that's not a concern with the Giant Fat Grounding Base. Teflon bottom also allows use on carpet or rug.

The Giant Fat Dot and reversible disc can be easily removed from the Magic Slider and used solo if you like.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab