Cables Discussion

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
Cables Discussion
« on: 18 Apr 2010, 05:18 am »
what cables are you (everyone) using with your piano m1's?
i am using 6sonsaudio manitou windigo interconnects and windigo power cord.
these are warm, clear, great tonality and bass.  the windigos use a combination of silver, gold, and copper.  they have wbt connectors on the interconnects and acrolink cp-80 connectors for the power cable, these connectors alone cost $800+.  not that you need this level of cables as i could easily live with the great cables from audio art.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
Cables Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2010, 07:17 am »
JT makes the !best! cables using our overstock raw cable :-)  He advertising on 'gon and hasn't got a single unsatisfied customer.  They're very well made PP insultated OFC cable with top-notch termination.
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2010, 04:37 pm by virtue »

OzarkTom

Cables Discussion
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2010, 01:22 pm »
I have the stock power cable so I am open to any suggestions on that. On interconnects, I am using a home-brew one of my old customers made a few years ago. The cables are unshielded, has anyone else here tried unshielded inter-connects?

PSB Guy

Re: Cables Discussion
« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2010, 07:33 pm »
Using all Blue Jeans ICs and speaker cables, which are awesome quality for the price, but I do have one of Jason's USB cables, which is beautifully made. BTW, he also makes speakers, which are works of art, check them out at Canuck Audio Mart (shameless plug, since he won't do it for himself).  :thumb:

MaxCast

« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2010, 01:57 am »
JT makes the !best! cables using our overstock raw cable :-)  He advertising on 'gon and hasn't got a single unsatisfied customer.  They're very well made PP insultated OFC cable with top-notch termination.
what cables are these?  link?

classicjt2

« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2010, 05:23 pm »
"these connectors alone cost $800+"

Marvin-

I thought you made a mistake, meaning the power cable cost $800, but I looked up your review and yes, just the ends are $800! I had Jason hardwire a Kimber PK-10 into my JT Dynamic power supply (I figured hardwire must be at least as good as an expensive IEC), and I found a nifty rhodium over silver over copper AC plug on eBay. I also made a power cord for my Blu-Ray player, with a silver over copper C7 connector from the UK and the same Kimber PK-10 and rhodium/silver/copper AC plug as on the JT. Both power cords cost me under $160. Okay, I'll admit running a 10 gauge power cord for a puny little player seems overkill, but I can't argue with the results. The difference was impressive, on both audio and video- lower noise floor, blacker backgrounds, improved dynamics, more vivid color and contrast on video. The cords do need a long burn-in time to work their best- maybe 300-500 hours.  My friend that recommended it uses the same cords on his big BAT/Audio Physic Caldera system (>$75k) and loves them too.

James

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #6 on: 22 Apr 2010, 03:59 am »
what cables are these?  link?

here is a link to my audiogon add.
view my other items to see the rest.
http://ads.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?cablintr&1277092317&item

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #7 on: 22 Apr 2010, 04:01 am »
Using all Blue Jeans ICs and speaker cables, which are awesome quality for the price, but I do have one of Jason's USB cables, which is beautifully made. BTW, he also makes speakers, which are works of art, check them out at Canuck Audio Mart (shameless plug, since he won't do it for himself).  :thumb:

Thanks Cornelis.

right now I'm working on biamping my Prophet towers with a pair of modded one.2's using a Sensation as a preamp.
this should be fun  :drums:

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #8 on: 22 Apr 2010, 04:08 am »
I forgot to mention.
I'm offering discounts for standing Virtue customers or new customers so if you need cables I'm your guy. I'm thinking %20 off our already ridiculously low prices should spike some sales eh ?
I've got people all over the world replacing $500+ interconnects with our Virtue Nirvana interconnects.

Try them ! if you don't like them I'll buy them back for the purchase price minus shipping.
If you return them, you'll be the first :) (did I just shoot myself in the foot ? LOL)

turn around time may be a little longer than my usual 1-2 day due to the amp,s and soft starts I'm modding/fixing not to mention I'm working an HVAC day job here in Tucson  where its hot as hell already  :cuss:  and its been busy.

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #9 on: 22 Apr 2010, 04:12 am »
some pics for you guys