Chops

Re: Built stands for 1.7i s
« Reply #20 on: 4 Dec 2022, 01:09 am »
My experience as well with my LRS Maggies.  :thumb:

:thumb: :thumb:

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #21 on: 4 Dec 2022, 06:01 pm »
Again, Danny is not right. If that were the case with Maggies, then no one would be able to make them disappear. Heck, just plopping my 1.7i's in the room where I had my previous stand-mount speakers, they darn near disappeared on the spot. I've never had issues making Maggies or Martin Logans disappear, and with minimal effort at that.

Speakers with wider than normal baffles that are considerably wider than the drivers used, THOSE are difficult to impossible to make disappear. Certainly not Maggies.

Thats not my experience with MMG's and the 1.6's for over 25 years.  They take time to dial them in.  But everyone's room and electronics are different.

Chops

« Reply #22 on: 5 Dec 2022, 12:39 am »
Thats not my experience with MMG's and the 1.6's for over 25 years.  They take time to dial them in.  But everyone's room and electronics are different.

I didn't say it doesn't take time to dial them in, but it doesn't take much to get them to disappear either. The dialing in part, for me anyways, is getting the imaging, staging width and depth just right as well as getting the right about of "weight" for the phantom center image.

Saturn94

« Reply #23 on: 5 Dec 2022, 12:44 am »
I didn't say it doesn't take time to dial them in, but it doesn't take much to get them to disappear either. The dialing in part, for me anyways, is getting the imaging, staging width and depth just right as well as getting the right about of "weight" for the phantom center image.

Again, my experience as well.  :thumb: