LAST CHANCE to own a classic DAC4800A ! ! !

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
LAST CHANCE to own a classic DAC4800A ! ! !
« on: 19 Nov 2011, 05:16 pm »
Hey there Digital Amplifier Company fans!

We are planning to discontinue the DAC4800A in 2012.  This amp has come a long way!  It was our first "beefy" ultra high performance amp.  Since we started building them in 2006, we upgraded the modulator, upgraded the output filter, upgraded the transformer, upgraded the chassis, upgraded the binding posts (now gold Dayton's), and upgraded the XLRs (now gold Neutrik's).

Well, we are running a SPECIAL until December 1st.  We don't want the price here, so email Support@DigitalAmp.com if you're interested.  These DAC4800A amps are nearly identical to a Cherry jr, but they have LEDs on the front indicating status and a pushbutton standby control for easy component swapping and "sleep" mode.

Thanks, all, for your continued support!

-Tommy O   

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
New DAC4800A pictures!
« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov 2011, 06:59 am »
New DAC4800A pictures!

krikor

• Initiative comes to those who wait.
    • AudioSnoop.com
Re: LAST CHANCE to own a classic DAC4800A ! ! !
« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2011, 02:49 pm »
Call me crazy, but I prefer the all-business git 'er done look of the DAC4800A amp over the Cherries. It's be sad to see them go.  Wish I could swing this right now as I've been very curious how these would sound on my Magnepans, but I've got my time and money tied up on some DIY amps at the moment.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #3 on: 28 Nov 2011, 05:41 pm »
Call me crazy, but I prefer the all-business git 'er done look of the DAC4800A amp over the Cherries. It's be sad to see them go.  Wish I could swing this right now as I've been very curious how these would sound on my Magnepans, but I've got my time and money tied up on some DIY amps at the moment.

You might be surprised at the price.

The Cherry has higher WAF, and we don't have enough demand these days for the DAC4800A.

I like the DAC4800A, too, especially since it's easy to swap out preamps and such by pressing the standby button.  It's also not as wide as the Cherry, so it fits in tighter spots, plus it's a bit lighter.

Sonically, it's the same as a Cherry jr, which is a kick-ass amp!

Thanks for your post.

-Tommy

orientalexpress

« Reply #4 on: 28 Nov 2011, 08:16 pm »
Me too,i like this 4800 look better then cherry look,in fact i have a cherry plus install into mine.:)

lapsan

kedoades

« Reply #5 on: 30 Nov 2011, 05:10 pm »
  Hi, I am new to this site, I usually am on audiogon.  It is nice to see some many people who are happy with there dac amps.  I have the 4800A and I love the sound. It is so clear clean and the power is just amazing.  I just got new speakers from tyler acoustcs, the decade d1 speakers, and the dac amp powering these speakers is just awesome. This amp provides ample power and the tyler decades just love it, I just can't get over how this amp just grabs the woofers and takes control.  Over on audiogon these amps don't get as much praise, so nice to see the support here, I am thinking about upgrading to the cherry plus, thanks,   Kent

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Good News ! Offer extended on DAC4800A, but.....
« Reply #6 on: 2 Dec 2011, 03:38 pm »
We are extending this offer until the end of the year or until we run of of the necessary hardware.

I would like to say thanks to all who emailed or made a purchase so far.  The response has been much greater than expected!

We also have a few demos in stock, by the way, even a DAC4800A.

-Tommy O

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #7 on: 2 Dec 2011, 05:41 pm »
  Hi, I am new to this site, I usually am on audiogon.  It is nice to see some many people who are happy with there dac amps.  I have the 4800A and I love the sound. It is so clear clean and the power is just amazing.  I just got new speakers from tyler acoustcs, the decade d1 speakers, and the dac amp powering these speakers is just awesome. This amp provides ample power and the tyler decades just love it, I just can't get over how this amp just grabs the woofers and takes control.  Over on audiogon these amps don't get as much praise, so nice to see the support here, I am thinking about upgrading to the cherry plus, thanks,   Kent

Kent,
Thanks for your post.  Please email us at Support@DigitalAmp.com about the Cherry PLUS.  We are getting a shipment of 1500W transformers in next week, so your timing is perfect.  We are also getting 1800W transformers, so maybe you want a Cherry ULTRA???  Or, how about a pair of monoblocks???  We will give you a huge discount!   :D

-Tommy O

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #8 on: 2 Dec 2011, 06:35 pm »
Someone asked me today to describe the sound of the DAC4800A.  Thought I might share my reply:

The sound is powerful and solid with great control.  It is very clean (due to ultra-low distortion) and controls woofers with a vice-like grip.  The noise floor is black (>115dB SNR).  Midrange is detailed and imaging is phenomenal.  The level if transparency is so high, that customers often tell me they hear new things in tracks they've listened to many times before. 

-Tommy O

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #9 on: 13 Dec 2011, 05:27 pm »
Only 2 left.....

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #10 on: 16 Dec 2011, 02:55 pm »
Only 2 left.....

Then there was one.....

mfsoa

« Reply #11 on: 16 Dec 2011, 03:52 pm »
I have my Cherry Plus kinda tucked away in the bottom my rack and I have to "assume the position" to swith her on/off. The front-panel control on the 4800 would be a benefit for those who can't easily get behind their units.  :thumb:

Oh, and it sounds great too

-Mike

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
$100 more off the price ???? WHAT ????
« Reply #12 on: 22 Dec 2011, 10:02 pm »
$100 more off if you purchase by 1 AM EST Saturday......

We now have 2 since one order was converted to a Cherry.

Thanks to all again for the tremendous response!

-Tommy O

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #13 on: 23 Dec 2011, 03:32 pm »
A quick note....  We are building a few more due to demand ( :D).  Also, if you want the XLR adapters (you need them if you have an unbalanced/RCA preamp outputs), add $90 to your order.  Thanks, all!

Give yourself a present!

Happy Holidays!

-Tommy O

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #14 on: 16 Jan 2012, 11:22 am »
Hey, hey!

One more DAC4800A available.  Barely used, but it will be sold as a demo because it was shipped to/from a customer that is upgrading to Cherry MONOs.

Send an email to Support@DigitalAmp.com if you'd like to know the price.  It's LOW.....

-Tommy O