Anyone have a list of production amps based on nCore?

capwkidd

Anyone have a list of production amps based on nCore?

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
Re: Anyone have a list of production amps based on nCore?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Sep 2013, 02:33 pm »
You mean OEM NC1200 mono bloc, right?  NC1200 I know of:

Atsah $9k/pr
Mola Mola Kaluga
TRL
Merill Audio Veritas
Theta (someone unassociated with Theta wrongly posted it was dropped...Theta told me about four weeks ago ETA is soon)

barrows

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 1 Sep 2013, 03:36 pm »
You mean OEM NC1200 mono bloc, right?  NC1200 I know of:

Atsah $9k/pr
Mola Mola Kaluga
TRL
Merill Audio Veritas
Theta (someone unassociated with Theta wrongly posted it was dropped...Theta told me about four weeks ago ETA is soon)

Audience is also going to have their own version using the NC-1200 as the output stage.  This one will be an upscale choice with proprietary discrete input stage and custom Audience input transformer coupling.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 1 Sep 2013, 03:47 pm »
I believe there is huge potential for state of art performance via transformer coupling.  One CES I worked circa 2003 we employed Audience's heavily modified Denon CDP (universal IIRC, about $4k and they made very little profit for the hours required for that mod) and all Audience IC/speaker wire.

Their above CDP is one of the best digital sources extant, still to this day.  I highly doubt any Red Book source would be substantially better.  Performance wise you can not critique their IC/speaker cable though it's costly. 

I'm an inferior critic of power line conditioners, though others that worked with the Audience brand raved about.  Again, it's costly, but seldom if ever is the best low in cost.

I thought the Audience single driver bipolar tower kicked butt at CES.