Your opinion of 2016 Honda Civic

xsb7244

Your opinion of 2016 Honda Civic
« on: 24 May 2016, 07:39 pm »
A car I am considering.

bacobits1

Re: Your opinion of 2016 Honda Civic
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2016, 08:46 pm »
We have a '13 SE Coupe and it's a great car. Great mileage, good ride and peppy.
The '16 Coupe is really sharp with the body changes they made. Take it for a drive.
We just bought a '16 SR V traded the Fit partly because of the recall since we live in the South.
My wife never wanted to take the Fit on the highway. Nice little car for around town though.

coke

« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2016, 08:56 pm »
Personally, I'm waiting to see what they do with the si.   Really enjoyed my 13 si, but some more power would be nice.

bacobits1

« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2016, 09:02 pm »
The '15 might be the last year for the Si. I don't see one listed. There were none on the lot when we were there.

branislav

« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2016, 12:10 am »
Im not crazy about the hatchbacky style and it look a bit overstyled...not sure why no reviews ever mention that (maybe they are the same as audiophile reviews...). Other than that, it looks like a nice evolution of Civic.

richidoo

« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2016, 12:37 am »
The new style looks sexy! Best looking Honda in a long time. I think it is the first model from a new hip young lead designer, but I forget where I saw that. Hopefully future Hondas will have similar flava.

Consumer Reports "Talking Cars" youtube said the new Civic interior quality feel is drastically improved over recent Civics. They love the car. A comparison to other similar cars on FastLaneCars youtube said it drives very well.

Civic Coupe ad on TV as I type this!!  :lol:

RDavidson

« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2016, 12:47 am »
The '15 might be the last year for the Si. I don't see one listed. There were none on the lot when we were there.

Si's don't usually make it to market when brand new Civic models launch. They typically come out the following year. Not exactly sure why this is, but my guess is that they do it as a way to re-invigorate the product marketing.....similar to when a brand new Camaro or Mustang launches. They follow up a year or so later with the more "niche" Z28 and Cobra versions.

I have a white '09 Si sedan ; With the last of the super high revving, fuel injected, K20 engine. Original owner. Just rolled 40k miles on it last week. She should be the last car I'll ever need at this rate. :lol:

BTW, from what I can tell, the new Civic is a home run, especially after what they did to the Civic back around 2011. The new model is pretty much 100% new.

OmahawkSCM

« Reply #7 on: 10 Jun 2016, 03:12 pm »

I have a white '09 Si sedan ; With the last of the super high revving, fuel injected, K20 engine. Original owner. Just rolled 40k miles on it last week. She should be the last car I'll ever need at this rate. :lol:

I have an 09 as well. It's red. I love it. The only reason I bought a new car (not to replace it, to subsidize it) is because the civic is not available in RWD. Great car in every other metric.

MichiganMike

« Reply #8 on: 10 Jun 2016, 04:14 pm »
In a 5-car comparison in the July 2016 Car and Driver magazine, a Honda Civic Ex was ranked second behind a Mazda 3 i GT.  The Honda Civic topped the Chassis category (including performance, steering feel, brake feel, handling and ride scores), but trailed the Mazda 3 in the Vehicle, Powertrain and Fun to Drive categories. 

The Honda was rated a slightly better value.  The price as tested for the Mazda was about $1500 more than the Civic.

Car and Driver stated:  "We could imagine the Honda earning the highest fun to drive score and reshuffling the order with the standard six-speed manual."  The reviewers commented a good CVT is still a CVT and were not fans of this transmission.  The Mazda has a six speed automatic transmission. 

My two daughters each have a Mazda 3 s GT hatchback (with the larger 2.5 l engine) and love it.  I recommend you compare the Civic and Mazda 3 during your test drives.