N3s (bookshelf) 10 pr/cabinets in staining/painting $255 shipped to your door.

jparkhur

I have 10 pairs of N3s speaker cabinets coming out next week in various colors and stains. I will post pictures when they are done.  If you want a pair, let me know.  THe backs (pictures to come) have a dadoed edge with a fit in back to allow users to put all the pieces in easily.  If you want, you can glue it up at the end or leave a foam ring to seal up back speaker with the 8 screws.  This is my last build group until next summer (except for a personal build of OB 8s)

All speakers are solid baltic birch outside 3/4 inch, rounded over front baffles and inside woofer openings.  The inner braces are dadoed and 3/4 MDF.  Shipping will be by Fed Ex only to persons address.  Colors for sure coming are Green Bay dye stained Gold, 2 black painted, 2 walnut, 2 cherry.  There will be 2 more pairs coming with 45 degree front baffle edges in a week or so.  Its getting cold and I'm in China for a week...so time is an issue..

Kits should come from Danny along with No Rez and bypass caps.

They all will have front baffles like these, all others are 45 degree cuts and straight.

jon.parkhurst@mac.com
« Last Edit: 8 Nov 2011, 07:26 pm by jparkhur »

jparkhur

« Last Edit: 8 Nov 2011, 07:26 pm by jparkhur »

jparkhur

Here are images of the backs.  Easy on easy off.  If you don't need to get in anymore, seal them up.  Stacked dado blade on the table saw and there perfect.  Easy to use for first timers. 

jparkhur

Black

Walnut                 Red / Mahogany                 Black

Walnut Color
« Last Edit: 9 Nov 2011, 03:09 pm by jparkhur »

jparkhur

:thumb:OK why not..  Send Danny and email that you need a super N3S kit fast!!!!!

Cabinets  $275/pair  shipped to your door.  You can't even get a PE cabinet for this little....
« Last Edit: 3 Nov 2011, 03:26 pm by jparkhur »

jparkhur

Ok, last bump for the winter as snow is coming on Wednesday here. Solid Baltic Birch with removable backs for easy crossover placement.  If you need a different color, let me know.

All cabinets 255 shipped to your lower 48. 

JP

JP78

JP,

Can you give me a price for gloss white? Obviously not expecting hand-rubbed or anything...hoping it can match some NHT SuperZero surrounds.

PM or email is fine if that's better for you.

Thanks!

jparkhur

Same price.. pm sent...   not hand rubbed glossy, just pure white and super glossy spray with multiple coats.

JP

Charles Xavier

Any good deals for the tower version?

jparkhur

Re: N3s (bookshelf) 10 pr/cabinets $255 shipped to your door.
« Reply #9 on: 8 Nov 2011, 07:08 pm »
X - you bet, just stack two of the n3s pairs together and call it a mtmmtm.. ha.  No, the reason I have not done the N3 towers is that you have to load the stuffing and No Rez prior to sealing them up.  I have not found an easier way to make these unless I was to have all the other materials on hand, which is to much to invest.  I have thought about making them and letting one side loose, but then it does not make for a perfect joining when the consumer would glue it up, i always router after the glue, better edge.  So you can see the issue, I would love to try these for others, but the logistics does not seem cost effective for producer or consumer.  I though Ruben was trying to put together a system of interlocking parts and the end user would just need a few clamps to finish.  Not sure where he is on that.  It would be very good for the end user non wood working consumer though..  Ruben. get going on this..   

Sorry CX

JP78

Thanks for the quick  reply. Will ask the better half if I can take over the kitchen table for a while to assemble the kit!

Best,

jparkhur

78   crossovers usually take me a football game on Sunday to do well.  After the xo's go in, then it is down hill from there.  I can No Rez in 15 minutes with a table saw (longer with knife), drivers go in easy as they are partially predrilled.

Cabinet Pairs $255 dollars

Remaining:
Single Center Channel    SOLD

Black        2 pairs

Dark Red/Mahogany   1 pairs

Light Walnut     1 pair
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2011, 12:19 pm by jparkhur »

grimace

Re: N3s (bookshelf) 10 pr/cabinets $255 shipped to your door.
« Reply #12 on: 9 Nov 2011, 03:32 pm »
X - you bet, just stack two of the n3s pairs together and call it a mtmmtm.. ha.  No, the reason I have not done the N3 towers is that you have to load the stuffing and No Rez prior to sealing them up.  I have not found an easier way to make these unless I was to have all the other materials on hand, which is to much to invest.  I have thought about making them and letting one side loose, but then it does not make for a perfect joining when the consumer would glue it up, i always router after the glue, better edge.  So you can see the issue, I would love to try these for others, but the logistics does not seem cost effective for producer or consumer.  I though Ruben was trying to put together a system of interlocking parts and the end user would just need a few clamps to finish.  Not sure where he is on that.  It would be very good for the end user non wood working consumer though..  Ruben. get going on this..   

Sorry CX

Is there a way you could rabbet the back panel on the N3 TLs but not all the way down, like maybe 2/3rds of the way so you can get the no-rez in and the loose fill?  I bought a pair of cabs from Reuben and by laying them on their side and using some forced child labor  :wink: from my 9-year old daughter who has smaller arms, I was able to get the no-rez in everywhere but one place near the bottom, by reaching in thru the bottom port in the back.  The loose-fill wasn't too hard since you can get to that with some effort thru the baffle holes.

I know that the bass coming from the towers is pretty impressive, so am glad that I went that route.  Plus I didn't have to make speaker stands either...Just a thought

jparkhur

Ya, after the email from above and using the new open back method on the N3s monitors, there is a pretty good chance that I can use the rabbit back, with dadoed braces on the inside and then all you would have to do is glue it and screw it.  The screws are on the back, thus no seeing them and technically you would not have to screw it if you glued the crap out of it.. no screw holes.   Ok, i'll make some over Thanksgiving while I watch the Packers trounce on the Lions... fine.. you goated me in to it.  damn... i need a garage heater now...  cool.. more toys...Honey-i need a garage heater for xmas...   

jp

Charles Xavier

Ya, after the email from above and using the new open back method on the N3s monitors, there is a pretty good chance that I can use the rabbit back, with dadoed braces on the inside and then all you would have to do is glue it and screw it.  The screws are on the back, thus no seeing them and technically you would not have to screw it if you glued the crap out of it.. no screw holes.   Ok, i'll make some over Thanksgiving while I watch the Packers trounce on the Lions... fine.. you goated me in to it.  damn... i need a garage heater now...  cool.. more toys...Honey-i need a garage heater for xmas...   

jp

Cool

jparkhur

Yes it is.. Its snowing here............. :lol:

Jon Parkhurst

Nice Speakers....

shotoons

78   crossovers usually take me a football game on Sunday to do well.  After the xo's go in, then it is down hill from there.  I can No Rez in 15 minutes with a table saw (longer with knife), drivers go in easy as they are partially predrilled.

Cabinet Pairs $255 dollars

Remaining:
Single Center Channel    SOLD

Black        2 pairs

Dark Red/Mahogany   2 pairs

Light Walnut     1 pair

pm sent.

jparkhur

Updated quantities left above

jparkhur

I have a pair of bright white ones also ready to go.  Bright glossy pure white, look really nice.