New cables from Electra Cable

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: New cables from Electra Cable
« Reply #40 on: 25 Nov 2006, 07:04 pm »
darn...I just realized that I have been running the Electra cable in the wrong direction! :stupid:

But even then, it already sounded so good in my system. It will take a very special cable to beat the Electra, so far I have found none yet. I just received a pair of Nordost Valhalla for audition, and I really cannot say the Valhalla is better than the Electra despite it's massive price-tag :o

No big surprise that the Valhalla wasn't better.

I have put many different ic's and sc's against the very expensive Nordost products and had similar results.

George

Danny Richie

« Reply #41 on: 29 Nov 2006, 04:37 am »
I will only be continuing the 20% off pricing through the end of the month, and the end of the month is drawing near, so you better let me know now if you want to demo a set or two of these and have not done so yet.

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #42 on: 29 Nov 2006, 04:43 am »
Danny,

I'm interested in those IC's. Check your PM.

Cheers

arthurs

« Reply #43 on: 29 Nov 2006, 04:44 am »
Absolutely worth a listen folks, do yourself a favor..... :thumb:

mattybumpkin

« Reply #44 on: 29 Nov 2006, 03:30 pm »
Danny,

I sent you a PM.

Thnx,

Dan

mattybumpkin

« Reply #45 on: 1 Dec 2006, 04:26 pm »
Zybar,

Just curious if you have put more time on the cables.  Your intial comparison comments to the VH Symmetry's peaked my interest.

Can anyone else who has demo'd or bought the cables comment on them?  Also would be interested in comparisons or what they may have replaced.

Thnx,

Dan

95bcwh

« Reply #46 on: 1 Dec 2006, 06:33 pm »
Do you have exactly the same setup as Zybar? If no, then your best bet is still to try one out yourself. I thought the Electra sounded good in my system, but a friend of mine thought it sounded worse in his system. People's opinion hardly means anything as we all have different ears.

Zybar,

Just curious if you have put more time on the cables.  Your intial comparison comments to the VH Symmetry's peaked my interest.

Can anyone else who has demo'd or bought the cables comment on them?  Also would be interested in comparisons or what they may have replaced.

Thnx,

Dan

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #47 on: 1 Dec 2006, 06:45 pm »
Zybar,

Thnx,

Dan

I'll post more this weekend.

I am also receiving a pair of VH Audio Spectrum Cu ic's today. 

George

Big Red Machine

« Reply #48 on: 2 Dec 2006, 01:50 am »
Received my cables today.  Beautiful.

What are you guys hearing? 

I have Signal Cable Silver Resolutions in the system now with Analyysis Plus Big Silver spk cables to my HT3's.  I sat and listened to a stable volume level to Livingston Taylor's Isn't She Lovely over and over to burn the Signal Cable into my brain.  Then I changed both sets to the Electras.  Wasn't sure I heard any difference after 5 minutes of re-wiring.  So I finally settled just on changing the CD to pre cables to see if that would allow my brain to retain the sound.

I think I hear more music coming through.  It is more detailed and while I had good imaging of his voice with the SC's, there is a bigger voice with the Electras.  Like a donut size going to a tire size.  I'm trying not to be swayed that new must be better, but I think they really just let more detail come through.  Kinda pisses me off because I really like Frank and his Signal Cables and their prices.  Darn Electras are more money - argh!!

Now I'm going to put a Moscode in the system in place of my PS Audio with the Electras and then try the Signal Cables all over again after I teach myself what the Electras sound like with the Moscode. :thumb:  I'll report back Sunday.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #49 on: 2 Dec 2006, 02:29 am »
Received my cables today.  Beautiful.

What are you guys hearing? 

I have Signal Cable Silver Resolutions in the system now with Analyysis Plus Big Silver spk cables to my HT3's.  I sat and listened to a stable volume level to Livingston Taylor's Isn't She Lovely over and over to burn the Signal Cable into my brain.  Then I changed both sets to the Electras.  Wasn't sure I heard any difference after 5 minutes of re-wiring.  So I finally settled just on changing the CD to pre cables to see if that would allow my brain to retain the sound.

I think I hear more music coming through.  It is more detailed and while I had good imaging of his voice with the SC's, there is a bigger voice with the Electras.  Like a donut size going to a tire size.  I'm trying not to be swayed that new must be better, but I think they really just let more detail come through.  Kinda pisses me off because I really like Frank and his Signal Cables and their prices.  Darn Electras are more money - argh!!

Now I'm going to put a Moscode in the system in place of my PS Audio with the Electras and then try the Signal Cables all over again after I teach myself what the Electras sound like with the Moscode. :thumb:  I'll report back Sunday.

PS Audio to Moscode 401HR...now that will be a HUGE difference.

George

Big Red Machine

« Reply #50 on: 2 Dec 2006, 03:49 am »
It was.  I have soiled myself :oops:

My wife stepped into the room after getting home just 45 minutes ago and she said she heard a major difference immediately.  Now I gave some credit to the cables but that amp is incredible.  More bass, more musical, leading edge is there, fuller sound all around and detailed.  The speakers disappear now. 

Again, I was hoping I would see no improvement and send it back within the 33 days.  What a schmuck I am :lol: :lol: :lol:

arthurs

« Reply #51 on: 2 Dec 2006, 04:27 am »
yet another soul lured by the sirens call of the Moscode..... :D :D

Danny Richie

« Reply #52 on: 2 Dec 2006, 04:59 am »
Hey Big Red Machine those cables are still fresh out of the box. If you think that they are good now just wait until they are burned in. They really need a good 50 to 100 hours on them. Give them the burn in time then see what you think.

95bcwh

« Reply #53 on: 2 Dec 2006, 07:26 am »
I can assure you that  Moscode + $2 IC from Walmart

is still going to beat a $100,000 IC + PS Audio..

aa aa

It was.  I have soiled myself :oops:

My wife stepped into the room after getting home just 45 minutes ago and she said she heard a major difference immediately.  Now I gave some credit to the cables but that amp is incredible.  More bass, more musical, leading edge is there, fuller sound all around and detailed.  The speakers disappear now. 

Again, I was hoping I would see no improvement and send it back within the 33 days.  What a schmuck I am :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #54 on: 2 Dec 2006, 02:31 pm »
Hey Big Red Machine those cables are still fresh out of the box. If you think that they are good now just wait until they are burned in. They really need a good 50 to 100 hours on them. Give them the burn in time then see what you think.

I am not a believer in burn in.  If I like it out of the gate, and like it a week later w/o being fatigued by the sound, then I will certainly like it a month later after 100 hours of "burn in".  I'd like to hear a burned it set of IC's next to a new set.

ANyways, I THINK I hear a better sound.  I'll try the Signal Cables with the Moscode tomorrow and see if it degrades.

Danny Richie

« Reply #55 on: 2 Dec 2006, 03:30 pm »
Burn in of wire is real, alive and well, believe or not.

There are times that I try a fresh set of cables that appears a bit bright, harsh, grainy, and a bit hard to listen to. An A/B comparison with a burned in set can sound noticeably different. So I let the fresh set burn in for about a week and compare them again. This time the cable has smooth out. Gone is the graininess, gone is the harsh edge, and gone is the brightness. I compare them again and now they sound the same.

If I would have went with my initial impressions I wouldn't have liked them.

If you like these from the get go that's great, but they will change with some time on them. It looks like a good opportunity for you to see if your impressions of them change or if you notice a change.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #56 on: 2 Dec 2006, 04:31 pm »
What about the theory that it is really psycho-acoustic - we learn the sound and it then becomes our standard?

And when will you have speaker cables!?  They have to be red.

Danny Richie

« Reply #57 on: 2 Dec 2006, 04:39 pm »
What about the theory that it is really psycho-acoustic - we learn the sound and it then becomes our standard?

I guess if you only have one set of cables and nothing to compare them to then one could theorize that to explain the change.

But what does one theorize when you have a burned in set and a non-burned in set, just alike, and they sound different, but after burning in the second set now they sound the same?

kfr01

« Reply #58 on: 2 Dec 2006, 04:50 pm »
I am also not a believer of cable burn-in.  I've never been able to hear any cable burn-in and I have a hard time weighing measurements and results of blind tests against "it must be true because person X heard it."

Danny Richie

« Reply #59 on: 2 Dec 2006, 05:09 pm »
 :green: I guess I would have to say that I am not a believer in Bigfoot because I have never seen one. I guess if I ever did see one I'd be a believer. Funny thing is that literally thousands of very credible people claim to have seen one. I really can't say that they have never seen one because I have never seen one. If that many people claim to have seen one then maybe there is really something there.

I am also not a believer of cable burn-in.  I've never been able to hear any cable burn-in and I have a hard time weighing measurements and results of blind tests against "it must be true because person X heard it."

Me too, I agree. But then I tried it myself and there was clearly a difference. Of coarse answering that question just lead to more questions, like how does it do that...

First things first though. If you ever have the opportunity to find out for yourself then take it.