Source for cases

Al Garay

Source for cases
« on: 30 Jun 2004, 10:59 pm »
Hi John,

Can you tell me who the vendor is who makes the new cases you are using?

I would like to ask them if they have pre-made cases for amplifiers. There is a thread in the AKSA forum where people are expressing their displeasure with the Par-Metal cases especially the company's lack of service. I think someone even used you as an example of outstanding service (and it wasn't even me this time).

Thanks,

Al

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
Source for cases
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jul 2004, 12:24 am »
Hello!

I was going to suggest Par Metal! Although i have not delt with them I gather they do one offs and that will be rare.....

I get the parts from 4 different vendors  so it would not work to get one offs that way. It is a bit tough for me since my volume is low by manufacturers standards. I would say you may be able to find a small shop locally that does sheet metal work and they could make something for you. It will likely not be cheap though. A way to keep the cost from them down would be to get the basic box with connector cutouts, etc then to make your own front plate to dress it up.  

Please let me know (posting here if you can) what you find for options as I get this question from time to time.

Thansk!

John

Al Garay

Source for cases
« Reply #2 on: 1 Jul 2004, 05:22 am »
Sure. I will post back once I find something.

Thanks,

Al

grantg

Copper Chassis
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jul 2004, 02:58 pm »
I have been happy with the service of these folks:

http://cf.geocities.com/qltysnd/pages/frameset.html

gonefishin

Source for cases
« Reply #4 on: 6 Jul 2004, 12:57 am »
Here are a few more cases...

Hammond Manufacturing

IAG Audio

Quality Sound Supplies

Also...a couple could be found at

DigiKey

HandMade Electronics

Mouser

In addition to places to buy enclosures from, I'd love to hear of any useful enclosure hardware links you may have.  Such as feet, footers, handles, knobs etc...thanks!

dan