BRIAN's SONG: It is with great sadness that I must post Brian Cheney has passed

Darac

Dubravko just realised my Idea. I am only editor and fan of VMPS speakers.

John Casler

Just had a very nice conversation with Richard Beers of THE HOME ENTERTAINMENT Show and he said he intends to include a TRIBUTE PAGE in the Program Guide for THE Show on Brian.

That is truly a nice gesture.   :thumb:

ST86

Very sorry to hear of Brian's passing.  My condolences to the Cheney family. 

Ed

robert_whalen

What a loss.

I had a small audio equipment manufacturing business in the late 1970's, but my experience with VMPS began with the purchase of a pair of Super Tower IIar speakers in 1982 after reading a review in Audio. I had those speakers in my office for many years and spent countless hours listening to them before finally selling them in 2009 to someone who drove all the way from TN to Boston to get them. Over the years, I also acquired several of the original VMPS subwoofers, a pair of RM40s, and several pairs of 626Rs. Whenever I called VMPS, Brian was available to discuss tweeks, upgrades, or audio in general. As others have noted, he wanted to make his customers happy. In that regard he reminded me of Jim Strickland, who founded Acoustat and who ran his company in the same way. I miss them both.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Condolences to the family from an owner of VMPS subs

Stimpy

John,

Will the Program Guide only be made available to whomever attends the Show?  I just wonder if extra copies could be made available for Fans of Brian's, as I'd love to get a copy?  If not, I wonder if an attendee wouldn't mind scanning the Tribute article, and posting it here, for us to see?

Thanks,

Stimpy

Just had a very nice conversation with Richard Beers of THE HOME ENTERTAINMENT Show and he said he intends to include a TRIBUTE PAGE in the Program Guide for THE Show on Brian.

That is truly a nice gesture.   :thumb:

Steve

I just heard and I would like to offer my condolences to Brian's family. I will be praying
for them to be comforted and strengthened in this time of sorrow.   :( 

Sincerely,

Steve Sammet

BobMajor

I'm sad to hear of Brian's passing (especially since we were the same age). I was always impressed with Brian's endless pursuit of improving his products: wool in the speaker cabinet, other damping material attached to the inside walls, two different wave guides, upgraded woofers, ambience tweeters, the novel V60 open baffle speakers. His audacity in producing the live versus recorded sessions at the THE Show which couldn't have brought in nearly as much money as it cost him to put on and then corralling great talent to perform at the event. WHAT A GUY!

PLMONROE

I recall Brian remarking once  that he was funding the live vs recorded sessions by withdrawing funds from his IRA. That's how dedicated he was to the project! Las Vegas in January will NEVER be the same again. An Era has just ended. May he rest in peace'

Paul Monroe

heronlyescape

Slideshow For Brian
« Reply #109 on: 13 Dec 2012, 05:11 am »
Hi guys,

I had some requests to post the slideshow I made of my dad's life on here. So here it is.

Thank you for everything. He will be missed so much.

Brian's daughter,

Terra Cheney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZamUEoB5CxE&feature=youtu.be

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
What a beautiful tribute, Terra. Thank you for sharing this here.

John Casler

Re: Slideshow For Brian
« Reply #111 on: 13 Dec 2012, 06:34 am »
Hi guys,

I had some requests to post the slideshow I made of my dad's life on here. So here it is.

Thank you for everything. He will be missed so much.

Brian's daughter,

Terra Cheney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZamUEoB5CxE&feature=youtu.be

Hi Terra,

Thanks so much for this.  It surely shows many sides of Big B, and I know his friends and fans will appreciate your tribute.

Wonderful video!

trebejo

Very sad to hear of Brian Cheney's passing, he was a true pioneer and he will be missed.

Hipper

'The Man Behind Our Speakers'

This is the picture I like best.

Duke

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.audiokinesis.com
Very sorry to hear of Brian's passing.  He and his company set the bar very high.  My sincere condolences to his family and associates. 

Chris from Lafayette

Tera -

Thanks so much for posting the link to that tribute to your father. I was at the service yesterday and it was beautiful. (Unfortunately, I'm recovering from the flu and I wasn't able to stay and talk to people.) I'm so glad to have your wonderful memento of Brian's life and what he meant to so many people, both family and friends. He is truly missed by all of us.

Chris from Lafayette

Terra - sorry I misspelled your name in the previous post!

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1

Stimpy

Terra,

As a Cat fancier, I loved the pictures of Brian and his Kitty!  It was a beautiful Cat too.  I was reminded of one of my Cats, that I miss on a daily basis.  And Thanks for the wonderful Tribute to your Daddy!

Sincerely,

Stimpy

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
Terra that was beautiful, thank you very much for sharing that with us here at Audio Circle.  If the measure of a man is his body of work and how much he is loved then your daddy is right along side of the great ones.
Our sincere condolences,
Guy