FS: Daedalus DA-RMa V2 - $4,500 shipped

genjamon

FS: Daedalus DA-RMa V2 - $4,500 shipped
« on: 30 Jul 2018, 04:46 pm »
Very reluctantly listing these, but a new baby and dialing back to half-time work while I go to law school all mean finances will be tight for the foreseeable future.  And I'm not likely to be listening as much as in the past.  So, I'm downsizing the system.  Will also be listing my Lampizator Big7 DAC soon if people are interested. 

I bought these DA-RMa's from Jonbee here on AC about 3 years ago.  Confirmed with Lou/Daedalus that they have the V2 upgrades.  They easily unseated Spatial M1 Turbo's (earlier version of the M3's that Spatial currently offers) that I had and loved for about 6 months previous.  The Daedalus are very dynamic, spatially resolving, tonally dense, and easy to place.  I've had them in two rooms - one medium sized living room with a lot of glass, and other quite large (25 x 30ft with cathedral ceiling).  In both cases they were easily able to fill the room with music.  I've run them with a Line Magnetic 518ia, Odyssey Kismet, and Mivera Purepower amps all with excellent results.  These speakers can run on anything, and will show you the best in your amps/chain.  I have continuously upgraded my system over the past 3 years, and they have always been transparent to changes in the system and helped me to find my path.

They're large monitor-style speakers and come with a decorative maple plinth and matching walnut bases/stands.  The bases/stands have a hole in the top.  They came from Jonbee with some rockwool fill, but I removed that to fill them with sand to nice effect.  The bases/stands also come with a set of spikes (for carpet) and a set of Herbies decouplers (for hard flooring) - so you're set regarding coupling/decoupling to floor.  I really like the fact that the stands and plinths are separate, as it is not just decorative and interesting but also quite helpful on occasion.  I found the ability to turn the speakers slightly on the plinth was very helpful in establishing toe-in and other minor placement issues without having to pick up and move the entire speaker like you would with full floorstanders. 

Condition of the speakers themselves is excellent - I can't find any flaws.  The bases and maple plinths aren't built to the same level of quality as the speakers themselves, though, and they have a couple cracks due to age/humidity over time.  They're minor in my opinion, and don't affect their structural performance.  But they are visible, especially the one on the maple plinth, from seating position if that makes a difference to you.  Pics below.

Pics below, as well as one of the reasons for sale. 

Asking $5000 shipped in conus.  Location is Tucson, AZ - 85745.  Can arrange delivery if within a few hours' drive of Tucson. 

Payment preferred via Zelle, but accepted via Paypal.  Zelle is the alternative to Paypal/Venmo/etc that most large banks are using to give their customers the ability to send direct electronic payments from person to person with no fees.

Any questions, please ask.

« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2018, 09:02 pm by genjamon »

genjamon

Re: FS: Daedalus DA-RMa V2
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2018, 04:47 pm »
Ok, I went into my gallery and went to each pic and edited the pic to rotate it right.  Did that over an hour ago, and it still looks like the pics are sideways.  Did I do it wrong, or does it just take time to take effect?  The editor function says the changes should be immediate. 
« Last Edit: 30 Jul 2018, 06:54 pm by genjamon »

Roninaudio

• I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2018, 07:34 pm »
All pics (including the little guy) look good..

genjamon

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2018, 07:52 pm »
Thanks, Ronin.  Just looked it up on a different browser and found everything in order.  Must be all those cookies AC keeps warning me about...   :lol:

jonbee

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jul 2018, 11:50 pm »
Yes, they were mine, and I can attest that these are top flight in every way, and because of their size and config they are very easy to live with in a real world room, anywhere from 10x15 to much larger. I've heard these and other Daedalus speakers on every kind of amp I can think of from 12 watt Shindo SETs to 400WPC SS and they always sound more like live music than other high end offerings. They have a full bodied sound that makes a lot of high end speakers sound thin and "canned".
The hand rubbed, varnish finished, solid walnut cabinets have been described as "liquid chocolate", and pictures just do not do justice to their artistry. They are heirloom quality if anything in this hobby is.
FWIW, MSRP was $11k, including $3200 for the V2 upgrade. That upgrade, while expensive, was a big leap in sound quality over the original version.
Good luck on the sale.

genjamon

« Reply #5 on: 31 Jul 2018, 01:29 am »
Thanks so much for chiming in, Jonbee!

Regarding transport, I’m willing to drive up to 4 hours to meet the buyer with these. That would mean I could deliver to Phoenix, Flagstaff, or El Paso, and I could meet So Cal LA/San Diego, Las Vegas, or Albuquerque/Santa Fe folks in the middle for a swap. And I’ll take cash if you’d like for an in-person exchange. I can fit all four boxes without too much trouble in my Prius, and you’d likewise not need a massive vehicle if we were meeting in the middle.

genjamon

Re: FS: Daedalus DA-RMa V2 - $4,900 shipped
« Reply #6 on: 3 Sep 2018, 06:15 pm »
bump - price reduction to $4,900

Can negotiate price regarding an in-person exchange.

Ramoneo14

Re: FS: Daedalus DA-RMa V2 - $4,900 shipped
« Reply #7 on: 5 Sep 2018, 01:25 am »
Interested in your DA-RMa V2.  Will pm you hopefully we can strike a deal. 

Ramon

genjamon

Re: FS: Daedalus DA-RMa V2 - $4,800 shipped
« Reply #8 on: 8 Sep 2018, 10:22 pm »
bump - these are still for sale.  Dropping price to $4,800 shipped.

genjamon

Re: FS: Daedalus DA-RMa V2 - $4,750 shipped
« Reply #9 on: 19 Sep 2018, 06:09 pm »
Bump - dropped to $4,750 shipped

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #10 on: 22 Sep 2018, 05:45 pm »
PM sent.

genjamon

« Reply #11 on: 22 Sep 2018, 07:45 pm »
Better pics of the rear.

genjamon

Re: FS: Daedalus DA-RMa V2 - $4,500 shipped
« Reply #12 on: 16 Oct 2018, 09:02 pm »
Bump - and price drop to $4,500 shipped.  Come on guys!

jonbee

Re: FS: Daedalus DA-RMa V2 - $4,500 shipped
« Reply #13 on: 18 Oct 2018, 02:34 am »
FWIW, it should be mentioned that these are virtually the same speaker as the Athena, except for the two piece construction. The smaller volume does mean slightly less bass extension.
The RMa was designed first, and Lou wanted a one box version for WAF reasons. Voila, the Athena.
Lou tried to get the sonics as close as possible.
This information came from Lou to me, and having heard my friend's Athena V2s many times, it is borne out by the sound.
The prices were also nearly the same with the V2 upgrades included.