Cable Help Steve!!

paul79

• Industry Participant
Cable Help Steve!!
« on: 6 Dec 2013, 02:35 am »
I value your opinions in this regard, as you used to build cables... Since you no longer do so, can you help me (us) determine the best brands in the game presently, to get the best results, without all the hype and excessive costs?? I do understand good is not cheap, but I have to believe there is excellent stuff out there that won't cost as much as a pair of speakers.....

Interconnects?
Speaker Cables?
Power Cables?
USB?
SPDIF?
HDMI?

audioengr

Re: Cable Help Steve!!
« Reply #1 on: 6 Dec 2013, 05:43 pm »
I value your opinions in this regard, as you used to build cables... Since you no longer do so, can you help me (us) determine the best brands in the game presently, to get the best results, without all the hype and excessive costs?? I do understand good is not cheap, but I have to believe there is excellent stuff out there that won't cost as much as a pair of speakers.....

Interconnects?

Maybe Silversmith, Siltech or Antipodes.  Antipodes uses gold and silver and cloth insulation.  They sound good.

Speaker Cables?

I have one pair left, but they are 10 feet.

Power Cables?

Teklineaudio.com  the best

USB?

Based on customer feedbacks, the Revelation is the best.  Purchase on my website.

SPDIF?

That is easy.  My BNC-BNC cable with RCA adapters is simply the best.

HDMI?

Again, Revelation.  Purchase on my website.

Steve N.

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 6 Dec 2013, 08:57 pm »
Thanks!

I have emailed Tekline a couple times in the past month, no response.... I've been eyeballing them for awhile.

I like your speaker cables, but 10' is way too long for my needs... Any chance you could chop them in half and make 2 pair of 5'? I'd be in on that.....

audioengr

« Reply #3 on: 7 Dec 2013, 07:21 pm »
Thanks!

I have emailed Tekline a couple times in the past month, no response.... I've been eyeballing them for awhile.

I like your speaker cables, but 10' is way too long for my needs... Any chance you could chop them in half and make 2 pair of 5'? I'd be in on that.....

An afternoon of work to shorten them.  Sorry, I want to sell as-is.  Shorter will not sound better BTW.  You can just coil them.

Steve N.

DaveBSC

« Reply #4 on: 9 Dec 2013, 06:21 am »
For interconnects, I think Kubala Sosna is definitely up there with Siltech and Crystal, and they are a good alternative if silver doesn't work for you. Jorma Design cables are incredible, but they cost an absolute fortune. At more earthly prices, Wywires are excellent.

For power cords, check out the very little known but very good 6Sons Audio cords. I'm also a fan of Stealth's Cloude 99 cords. Wywires sells much more affordable cords as does Triode Wire Labs.

For USB, definitely check out the JCAT.