LifeForce - Listening Impressions

DSK

Re: LifeForce - Listening Impressions
« Reply #80 on: 31 Aug 2006, 04:26 am »
So I better but my money where my mouth is... Would you be willing to do a loan of the amp Hugh? I'll basically pay for the amp in full, you ship it over, if I like it I keep, if I don't I send it back and have a refund? Just minimises the risk.

A guarantee of a money back refund is NOT "putting your money where your mouth is" ... as you have nothing to lose except shipping $.

How much is it for a pair of LF55 fully assembled modules?

As has already been explained on Hugh's website and on this forum, the modules are NOT for outright sale. They are available to current AKSA owners who already have a working chassis, power supply, etc etc in operation and are prepared to send back their working AKSA modules to Hugh. Either you are not bothering to do your reading before shooting off at the mouth, or you aren't too bright.

And, why on earth would Hugh break the rules and offer you the modules outright (no trade-in) when:
a) this offer isn't even available to current AKSA owners, and
b) you've chosen to trash AKSA in the past, and
c) you have already indicated you want DIY, not pre-assembled, and
d) there is no control over what PS etc you would use the modules with to evaluate them.

Sorry if I'm wrong ShinOBIWAN, but I can't help but feel that this is just a charade ... you have nothing to lose and just want to hear the LF, return it, and trash it on Hugh's forum. The testimonies, both positive and negative, of current AKSA owners who upgrade to the LF (and future customers who buy the assembled amp) will be sufficient to give potential customers an idea of how good or otherwise the LF is. Hugh doesn't need to sell you an amp and certainly doesn't need to make you a special money back offer.

Geez, some people just don't get it!  :roll:

Felipe

« Reply #81 on: 31 Aug 2006, 11:04 am »
This has to be the most ridiculous post i have ever seen on this forum....thank you for showing us what the bottom of the ladder sounds like obiwankanobi, we were really used to higher levels of intelligence here.
It DID put people in perspective...

Its a shame you're moving away from DIY stuff but if it isn't paying the bills...

Hugh isn't laying off DIY. The AKSA and all of his products are still available. Just the LF isn't.

I think folks in this thread should realise that I did at one time own a 55N+ and thought it was a real nice amp. I was looking into purchasing the LF after a friend mentioned that this had recently been released but as you've said, its not really for the DIY market anymore. Its sort of halfway between a commercial product and a kitset now.

As always, good luck with the amp and if you decide to make this a kitset with a suitable drop in price, I'll definitely be interested. I've got no issues about spending upto around £400 on a amp *if* the quality is extreme.

Looks like you regretted your action later on, for what andy said. It really shows a big lack of courage to admit it.

Looks like I've enraged some member, and maybe rightly so by the sounds of things.

So I better but my money where my mouth is... Would you be willing to do a loan of the amp Hugh? I'll basically pay for the amp in full, you ship it over, if I like it I keep, if I don't I send it back and have a refund? Just minimises the risk.

You have to be kidding. You got some nerve... try this : Put your brain were your garbage is and shut up.
I think Hugh politely answered to you question :

Quote from: Hugh
The LF is not for you.  It is no longer a kit, and the price reflects this selling strategy.  With each new purchase, you appear to find the holy grail.  But it must be inexpensive, and again, and regrettably, this is NOT a suitable product for you.

The point has been made, but I do not encourage you to buy, particularly as it is clearly beyond your price point.

If this wasn't clear enough for you...take some vitamins.
Do yourself a favor and go build GB150's or whatever suits your "intelligence".

Hugh sorry for the strong words. Couldn't held myself.
Thank you

Filipe

ShinOBIWAN

« Reply #82 on: 31 Aug 2006, 11:09 am »

A guarantee of a money back refund is NOT "putting your money where your mouth is" ... as you have nothing to lose except shipping $.

But judging by all the KISHA's on here I'd say that I probably don't need that money back guarantee.

As has already been explained on Hugh's website and on this forum, the modules are NOT for outright sale. They are available to current AKSA owners who already have a working chassis, power supply, etc etc in operation and are prepared to send back their working AKSA modules to Hugh. Either you are not bothering to do your reading before shooting off at the mouth, or you aren't too bright.

Ealier in this thread Hugh stated the LF is for sale as a standalone unit for $1130 + $120 for PSU components. This is offer is available to AKSA customers.

And, why on earth would Hugh break the rules and offer you the modules outright (no trade-in) when:
a) this offer isn't even available to current AKSA owners, and
b) you've chosen to trash AKSA in the past, and
c) you have already indicated you want DIY, not pre-assembled, and
d) there is no control over what PS etc you would use the modules with to evaluate them.

Because he's in the business of making money, TBH I think AKSA operates a money back guarantee anyway, it wouldn't surprise me given Hugh's good service in the past.

Sorry if I'm wrong ShinOBIWAN, but I can't help but feel that this is just a charade ... you have nothing to lose and just want to hear the LF, return it, and trash it on Hugh's forum. The testimonies, both positive and negative, of current AKSA owners who upgrade to the LF (and future customers who buy the assembled amp) will be sufficient to give potential customers an idea of how good or otherwise the LF is. Hugh doesn't need to sell you an amp and certainly doesn't need to make you a special money back offer.

Geez, some people just don't get it!  :roll:

You couldn't be further from the truth. I'll not speak on the matter anymore until I've been in touch with Hugh.

ShinOBIWAN

« Reply #83 on: 31 Aug 2006, 11:14 am »
Hugh sorry for the strong words. Couldn't help myself.
Thank you

Filipe

Admirable.

Grumpy_Git

« Reply #84 on: 31 Aug 2006, 11:18 am »
Woah everyone, this seems a bit heated, I know we like to defend our own but we are usually a pretty tolerant bunch round here.

To be honest my first thoughts abot the LF were similar, esp when you consider the prices to an original 55.

Lets try and stick with polite shall we?

Nick (the happy fairy)

ShinOBIWAN

« Reply #85 on: 31 Aug 2006, 11:33 am »
Woah everyone, this seems a bit heated, I know we like to defend our own but we are usually a pretty tolerant bunch round here.

To be honest my first thoughts abot the LF were similar, esp when you consider the prices to an original 55.

Lets try and stick with polite shall we?

Nick (the happy fairy)

Yep I comment on the price of an inanimate object and get far more personal abuse back. If you want to talk trash then feel free to PM.

AKSA

« Reply #86 on: 31 Aug 2006, 11:45 am »
OK Guys,

For the very first time on this forum, I'd best close this thread.

I apologise to all concerned, including Shinobiwan, but it's better off closed as everything worth saying has now been said.

Cheers,

Hugh