Tyson's half-assed RMAF Coverage Day 2

drumnman2

Re: Tyson's half-assed RMAF Coverage Day 2
« Reply #20 on: 8 Oct 2018, 05:18 pm »
Did anyone happen to hear the Elac Argo powered speakers ? Thoughts ? Thanks.

charmerci

« Reply #21 on: 8 Oct 2018, 08:59 pm »

Also, I want to thank you for the time and effort you take every year (even when you promise not to) to bring this to Circle readers. Not half assed at all.  :thumb:

It should have been names Tyson's Half-Fast Coverage.

strateahed

« Reply #22 on: 9 Oct 2018, 01:20 am »
Tyson,  thanks for another great job of show coverage and really nice pics! Much appreciated.

Duke

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.audiokinesis.com
« Reply #23 on: 9 Oct 2018, 04:24 am »
...Duke's room sounded even better on Sunday than it had on Saturday, again with wildly different music. 

Thank you so much, Tyson!

I think we had a better and wider selection of music than we ever have before, thanks to Hans Looman (Resonessence), Jim Romeyn, and Melissa & Chris Owen (Clarity Cable). 

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #24 on: 9 Oct 2018, 04:00 pm »
“Is it just me or do these speakers look like owls?  This was the first room today (but not the last) where I look at the equipment and think "there's no way that can sound good".  But then it does sound good.  Very very very good.  One of the best sounding rooms at the show.  And in a quirky, cool design:”

Those are the SoundKaos Liberation speakers and SoundKaos will gladly liberate $23,000 from your wallet jail if you’d like to buy a pair. Pretty cool design though.

https://hifipig.com/soundkaos-liberation-loudspeakers/

SoundKaos LIBéRATION Loudspeakers

Thanks Tyson!

Cheers,
Lester

garyalex

« Reply #25 on: 9 Oct 2018, 04:07 pm »
Did anyone happen to hear the Elac Argo powered speakers ? Thoughts ? Thanks.

I spent some time in that room.  The Elac Argo speakers sounded great.  I thought they were very open sounding.  Clean, taut bass.  Great imaging as well.  The sound was smooth and effortless.  I suspect  I could listen to these speakers for many hours without fatigue.  The build quality was superb.  They were demoed in both wired and wireless modes.  Not surprisingly wired sounded better but wireless was very good as well.  These speakers really impressed me.

They looked just like the speakers pictured here: https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/elac-argo-b51-bookshelf-speakers-ces2018/

garyalex

« Reply #26 on: 9 Oct 2018, 04:20 pm »
Tyson,

Did you get a chance to visit the ESD room?  I thought the sound was pretty good, though not in the same league as The Audio Verity room down the hall.

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #27 on: 9 Oct 2018, 06:01 pm »
I spent some time in that room.  The Elac Argo speakers sounded great.  I thought they were very open sounding.  Clean, taut bass.  Great imaging as well.  The sound was smooth and effortless.  I suspect  I could listen to these speakers for many hours without fatigue.  The build quality was superb.  They were demoed in both wired and wireless modes.  Not surprisingly wired sounded better but wireless was very good as well.  These speakers really impressed me.

They looked just like the speakers pictured here: https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/elac-argo-b51-bookshelf-speakers-ces2018/

Yes, but when will they be available?? Elac’s been puffing about the Argos since January with a promised release date of late September/early October 2018 yet still no word on their website.

Great to hear you liked them.

Cheers,
Lester