Back in the Odyssey game, this time with Stratos monos!

Chops

Re: Back in the Odyssey game, this time with Stratos monos!
« Reply #20 on: 26 Aug 2023, 05:37 pm »
Change is good. Post some more pics once you're done. The cat is staying, though, right?? 😄

I'm always one for posting pics. And yes, the cats are definitely staying.  :thumb:

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #21 on: 5 Sep 2023, 10:29 pm »
Welcome back !

Odyssey amps still ruling after decades. Impressive and awesome pictures and system setup. Congratulations.

Can I share your photos?

BikeFi10

« Reply #22 on: 6 Sep 2023, 04:03 pm »
Nice system! I run a KIK stereo amp into Maggie 1.7i's, but I think they could use a bit more power. Also run a Rythmik servo sub off 2nd main out of pre amp. XO at 80hz to take some lows off the Maggies.
A couple questions... looks like your splitting each Stratos output to feed subs too. Appearently that is how its done with mono blocks and of course subs must be passive, but doesent that affect ohm load and take power from the 1.7i's?

Also, more of a comment, but cats and Maggies? Ive read of horror stories.

Randy

« Reply #23 on: 6 Sep 2023, 04:35 pm »
I had a cat who loved to scratch almost everything.  He knew better than to touch my set of Maggies, however, and when I bought a new listening chair, I told him not to scratch on it.  He never did.

Chops

« Reply #24 on: 9 Sep 2023, 06:36 am »
Welcome back !

Odyssey amps still ruling after decades. Impressive and awesome pictures and system setup. Congratulations.

Can I share your photos?

Thank you, and I'd rather you NOT share my photos.

Chops

« Reply #25 on: 9 Sep 2023, 06:40 am »
Nice system! I run a KIK stereo amp into Maggie 1.7i's, but I think they could use a bit more power. Also run a Rythmik servo sub off 2nd main out of pre amp. XO at 80hz to take some lows off the Maggies.
A couple questions... looks like your splitting each Stratos output to feed subs too. Appearently that is how its done with mono blocks and of course subs must be passive, but doesent that affect ohm load and take power from the 1.7i's?

Also, more of a comment, but cats and Maggies? Ive read of horror stories.

Nope, my subs are very much active (SVS PB-1000 Pro). I just prefer the sound and better integration with the mains by using the speaker level inputs on the subs. This in no way effects the impedance or power from the amps.

And our kitties don't touch the Maggies... Or any of the gear for that matter.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #26 on: 21 Nov 2023, 11:16 am »
NICE !!!!!!!!

I now make Odyssey amps for 24 years......well over 7000 of them so far.   one thing that is quite amazing is that we still have over 90 % of original owners,  and of the ones that sold the amps a really high percentage (no idea how exact,  but a lot) actually come back to us as repeat customers.............this is one of the things that makes me tick and makes me happy.

Thanks for your post Chops

Randy

« Reply #27 on: 21 Nov 2023, 10:24 pm »
NICE !!!!!!!!

I now make Odyssey amps for 24 years......well over 7000 of them so far.   one thing that is quite amazing is that we still have over 90 % of original owners,  and of the ones that sold the amps a really high percentage (no idea how exact,  but a lot) actually come back to us as repeat customers.............this is one of the things that makes me tick and makes me happy.

Klaus, back in 2004 I bought a pair of "Mono Extremes" and later met you in Denver. I live in Douglas, Wyoming.  Ring a bell? I bet you can still remember what color the amps I got were. .  (You remembered in Denver.). 

PS - You're the best.

Chops

« Reply #28 on: 26 Nov 2023, 02:14 am »
NICE !!!!!!!!

You're welcome, Klaus!

And thank you for bringing such excellent quality gear to the market all these years. I loved my Khartago Kismet when I had it, and I love these Stratos monos. They're a perfect match to the Pass Labs XP-20 preamp and my Maggies, and man do they have some BALLS! They make these Maggies sing!

Lately, I haven't been on any of the audio forums because I have been enjoying my system non-stop. I just sit and listen, and listen, and listen some more.