CES 2010 Coverage, Images and Attendee Feedback!

modwright

CES 2010 Coverage, Images and Attendee Feedback!
« on: 19 Jan 2010, 06:42 pm »
We had a great show at CES 2010.  I co-exhibited with Karl Schuemann of Audio Machina - www.audiomachina.com.  His high-performance and high-end speakers are truly some of the best I have heard, regardless of price.  They are all hand-made and of the highest caliber.  We showed with the Maestros at $49K/pr and his new small monitors, at $8K/pr.

Positive Feedback Online - Bob Levi's comments:
Continues to Shine!

I love the excellent Modwright 150 Power Amps every time I hear them. Dan Wright just does not miss no matter what he builds. These 84lb. beauties sound like the finest tube amps with power to spare… and there's not a tube to be seen! With 150 watts into 8ohms and 250 watts into 4 ohms, they are up to any task. I have not heard all solid-state amps, but I have heard many costing three and four times what these do and not sounding one whit better. These would be the solid-state amps I'd buy if I were in the market for a tip top amplifier with both delicate nuances with really big balls, too. Made in the USA!!

More to follow and those who attended, please also share your comments.

Thanks,

Dan Wright
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2010, 07:26 pm by modwright »

talk2me

Re: CES 2010 Coverage, Images and Attendee Feedback!
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2010, 10:42 pm »
I was checking out those speakers. They are truely state-of-the-art. I wonder if anyone has made speaker enclosures out of SS, rather than aluminium? I widh I could hear the Machinas with the the Modwright pre/amp.  :drool:

modwright

Re: CES 2010 Coverage, Images and Attendee Feedback!
« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2010, 05:47 pm »
I have to think that this would be cost-prohibitive, as the body of the speaker enclosure LITERALLY starts out as a piece of solid AL billett.  It then has the recesses for the drivers machined out, etc.  To do this with SS would be almost impossible I should think.

They are among the best speakers that I have heard at any price.

The Maestros that we showed with retail for just over $50K/pr. I believe.

Thanks,

Dan