Building up system from scratch

coffeeforme

Building up system from scratch
« on: 20 Feb 2012, 04:27 pm »
Thinking all modwright solution with only speakers recommendation
Would be modded Sony sacd or oppo with transporter as source, kwa100 And ls100 serving as pre and amp.  Only speakers left to choose.. Any suggestions for room about 15x20 feet. 

Coffeeforme
Cheers

Phil A

Re: Building up system from scratch
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2012, 04:30 pm »
Don't forget room treatments since the room is generally the most overlooked component.  You will have plenty of power.  It might be helpful if we knew musical preferences and how loud you like to listen.  There are many good choices in speakers.

jriggy

« Reply #2 on: 20 Feb 2012, 04:36 pm »
Without knowing your budget i'll suggest Daedalus. Known to have great synergy with MW gear.

Also --and apologize in advance for the spam-- but if you have not yet purchased the MW Transporter drop me a message. Mine will be listed for sale here within a day or so.

dminches

« Reply #3 on: 20 Feb 2012, 06:32 pm »
What is your speaker budget or your total system budget?

Scottdazzle

« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2012, 09:43 pm »
Thinking all modwright solution with only speakers recommendation
Would be modded Sony sacd or oppo with transporter as source, kwa100 And ls100 serving as pre and amp.  Only speakers left to choose.. Any suggestions for room about 15x20 feet. 

Coffeeforme
Cheers

Three very compatible speakers for you to consider with approximate prices:
Daedalus Athena - about $10,000
Vapor Cirrus - about $5000
VMPS RM30M - about $4000

You won't go wrong with any of those. I am not a dealer for any of them nor am I affiliated with those 3 companies. They just happen to make superb speakers.
 :thumb:

Good luck!