19 degrees is spot on!

threadkiller

19 degrees is spot on!
« on: 15 Aug 2012, 02:21 pm »
As to the prior thread over correct head shell angle for the WTL Amadeus, Simplex, or Versalex, the factory setting of 19 degrees is correct.
For those of you that didn't loosen your head shell screw you should be in fine shape.  For those of you that have, throw away the alignment grid that came with your table and download the new one off the site or email Mike Pranka of Dynavector USA and he'll email you one. That was how I obtained mine.

Once you have the new grid, it's as easy as removing your cartridge, aligning your tonearm to the new graph, and tightening your head shell screw. Once you're aligned at Firebaughs 19 degree head shell angle, you will be smiling from ear to ear.  Mine was at 9 after a cartridge change and using the included incorrect graph of 9 degrees. Whoever said they preferred the 9 degree angle is crazy.

So that's my findings...cheers!

doak

Re: 19 degrees is spot on!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Aug 2012, 09:18 pm »
Concur on the improvement from 9 to 19 degrees ... one of those "everything is better" things.   At this point, as I told Mike, it's kind of like getting a free upgrade.   :thumb:

Doak

threadkiller

« Reply #2 on: 15 Aug 2012, 10:13 pm »
Agreed.  In my case I initially had 19 degrees , then went to 9, even though I'm sure my new cartridge masked that, now at a proper 19 I'm thrilled beyond measure... Yes, quite the "free" upgrade..
Enjoy!

gagamut

« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2012, 01:55 am »
Hi,
i got a new headshell alignment guide ,but this is not a protractor.
i have a little bit confuse,Amadeus TT is it no need protractor?cartridge no need parallel any line?or just mount to the headshell and play it??

Sam

gagamut

« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2012, 02:33 am »
Hi,
after i carefully read a manual again,now i am clear understand.the manual said '' The Amadeus features a head shell that
requires no tracking alignment adjustment. We strongly recommend it remains firmly fixed in the correct position as supplied.  The headshell is fixed ex-factory
in the optimum position. There is no provision for over-hang adjustment. Some alignment protractors
may well disagree.''
i got confuse because i also read a 'Well tempered Lab Blog',the title of 'tonearm geometry',William said ''i designed the tonearm for Amadeus to have a fixed tracking angle of 19 degrees and an overhang of 0.5”.
now problem is solve,everything is amazing,thanks :D

Sam

threadkiller

« Reply #5 on: 16 Aug 2012, 02:34 pm »
Good to hear you are finally sorted as well.
Enjoy!

SteevA

« Reply #6 on: 16 Aug 2012, 09:47 pm »
I'm sorted as well, but then I never felt the need to fix something that wasn't broken.

threadkiller

« Reply #7 on: 16 Aug 2012, 10:00 pm »
I heard that!  During initial table set up and cartridge mounting, I, too, was fine. But with the newer cartridge the bad pooey yucky furnished 9 degree grid was used, hence the turn of the head shell.  Oh well, my table is correct, I'm getting rain, and I bought a few new records, so life is good.:)

Plink

« Reply #8 on: 17 Aug 2012, 10:54 pm »
A
For those of you that have, throw away the alignment grid that came with your table

The alignment grid that came with my table was worthless to begin with as it wasn't printed to scale.

jammone

« Reply #9 on: 16 Oct 2013, 07:44 pm »
Hi,

New to this forum and WTL world, an amazing TT  :), I'm impressed with the sound it delivers. I have a Versalex that I still received with the old arm with the option to update it to the new Symmetrex. Unfortunately while mounting the cartridge on the new arm perhaps I overtightened a screw and the headshell moved towar the armwand  :duh:, now I don't seem to find the correct alignment anymore. No protractor was included in the documentation that came along with the TT and the only thing I can find on WTL site is the one included in the Amadeus manual that apparently is the wrong one.

Can someone link or pm the correct one? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Sal

Erocka2000

« Reply #10 on: 17 Oct 2013, 01:38 pm »
The only alignment you need to make sure of is that the headshell is 19 degrees to the arm tube.  That's it.  There is no protractor to use.

jammone

« Reply #11 on: 17 Oct 2013, 02:22 pm »
Exactly, and how can I make sure that is 19 degrees? There must be some sort of user friendly tool besides compass and similar  :), plus I read in the OP that there's a new alignment grid but I can't find it

Erocka2000

« Reply #12 on: 17 Oct 2013, 03:06 pm »
PM me your email address and I'll send the PDF to you.

jammone

« Reply #13 on: 17 Oct 2013, 03:24 pm »
PM's on the way, thanks a lot  :thumb:

Sal

mick wolfe

« Reply #14 on: 17 Oct 2013, 03:43 pm »
And once again.... with all the new "upgrades", why hasn't the head shell and arm been fabricated into one monolithic piece. If 19 degrees is spot on, weld/mold/glue it in place.....whatever. Get the screws out of the equation so it can't be misaligned.

jammone

« Reply #15 on: 17 Oct 2013, 06:16 pm »
And once again.... with all the new "upgrades", why hasn't the head shell and arm been fabricated into one monolithic piece. If 19 degrees is spot on, weld/mold/glue it in place.....whatever. Get the screws out of the equation so it can't be misaligned.

Exactly, especially considering the fact that the guide I just received it doesn't seem to be easy to use with the arm in place. Perhaps it's me but I fail to see how to get the center line parallel to the wand without any sight error. An alignment grid with the correct angle would have done the job easier and better in case of clumsy people like me  :oops: