Poll

Which Female Pop Singer would you Marry for Money?

Shania Twain
3 (15%)
Taylor Swift
6 (30%)
Madonna
1 (5%)
Cher
0 (0%)
Britney Spears
0 (0%)
Dua Lipa
1 (5%)
Lady Gaga
0 (0%)
Beyonce
0 (0%)
Kate Perry
1 (5%)
Celine Dion
0 (0%)
Adele
0 (0%)
Ann Murray
1 (5%)
Mariah Carey
0 (0%)
Selena Gomez
0 (0%)
Other not on List
3 (15%)
Sorry, I'm already married
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: 8 Jan 2021, 02:54 pm

For the Money

Mag

For the Money
« on: 1 Jan 2021, 02:54 pm »
Which female pop Artist would you marry for her money?

charmerci

Re: For the Money
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jan 2021, 03:47 pm »
Music is so important to me that outside of Anne Murray and probably Adele (I'd actually have to spend more time with her music) I wouldn't marry any of them because I would go insane - I mean that literally!!! - having to listen to that shit.

Not sure why you added Anne in there. "Which one is not like the other?"  :lol:

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #2 on: 1 Jan 2021, 03:59 pm »
Linda Ronstadt- a lovely lady who sang for the pure joy of it.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jan 2021, 05:06 pm »
I guess all of them provided they lived far apart from each other.
Then you could go for a motorcycle ride to see one and when you had enough you could hop on your bike to go see the next one.
Let's see, number 23?  Oh yeah, good old 23! 
Sure hope disco isn't making a come back...

MttBsh

« Reply #4 on: 1 Jan 2021, 05:07 pm »
Music is so important to me that outside of Anne Murray and probably Adele (I'd actually have to spend more time with her music) I wouldn't marry any of them because I would go insane - I mean that literally!!! - having to listen to that shit.

Not sure why you added Anne in there. "Which one is not like the other?"  :lol:

My wife adores Adele and I’m not sure what’s wrong with me, but I can’t be in the house while Adele is singing. It’s just that she pours so much emotion into every song that it sounds like she’s always about to climax and that’s not what I am looking for in music. At all. It drives me out of the house every time. My wife’s music is 80s pop - mostly female singers (ie. dance music) and I’m a product of 60s/70s rock, jazz, blues, classical, folk. I find those two types of music preferences to be about as incompatible as it gets!

charmerci

« Reply #5 on: 1 Jan 2021, 07:32 pm »
My wife adores Adele and I’m not sure what’s wrong with me, but I can’t be in the house while Adele is singing. It’s just that she pours so much emotion into every song that it sounds like she’s always about to climax and that’s not what I am looking for in music. At all. It drives me out of the house every time. My wife’s music is 80s pop - mostly female singers (ie. dance music) and I’m a product of 60s/70s rock, jazz, blues, classical, folk. I find those two types of music preferences to be about as incompatible as it gets!

I used to call it the Houston-Bolton Syndrome (now out of date - maybe the American Idol or X-Factor Syndrome?) where every singer has to sing the highest note at the highest volume as possible. Ugh. And people love it.  :?
« Last Edit: 1 Jan 2021, 10:52 pm by charmerci »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 1 Jan 2021, 09:31 pm »
I would marry any beautiful woman since she dont have a big feet as in some countries.

MttBsh

« Reply #7 on: 1 Jan 2021, 10:21 pm »

I used to call it the Houston-Bolton Syndrome (now out of date - maybe the American Idol or X-Factor Syndrome?) where every singer has the highest note at the maximum volume as possible. Ugh. And people love it.  :?

That and the unbearable drivel from the pop side of bands like Chicago and Journey (both of which were fantastic before they decided to become teen idols and sell millions of albums). I call this Kleenex rock, and of course that's what my wife - and apparently a LOT of other people - love. Maybe there's a planet where the women love progressive rock, jazz-rock fusion, blues rock.

Mag

« Reply #8 on: 2 Jan 2021, 11:19 am »
I've always admired Madonna's ability to make money. Remember these woman are rich because they are smart, smarter than than you think. You're not likely to fool any of them if you are not able to kiss 'em (Cher's Advise- It's in his kiss).

So choose wisely, you have to be able to kiss her convincingly or she will be able to tell that you don't love her and send you packing. :smoke:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #9 on: 2 Jan 2021, 02:57 pm »
I picked Taylor Swift because, well, damn, look at her.  I would pick Taylor if she was actually waitressing at that ice cream shop and couldn't sing a lick, the fact that's she a multi-millionaire doesn't detract from her appeal.

The question is which one you'd marry for her money, but which one would you spend your money on their music?

Mike B.

« Reply #10 on: 2 Jan 2021, 03:42 pm »
I chose Madonna. Guy Richie told me she pays you off well when she wants you gone.  :D

Mag

« Reply #11 on: 3 Jan 2021, 04:33 pm »
I picked Taylor Swift because, well, damn, look at her.  I would pick Taylor if she was actually waitressing at that ice cream shop and couldn't sing a lick, the fact that's she a multi-millionaire doesn't detract from her appeal.

The question is which one you'd marry for her money, but which one would you spend your money on their music?

Er..., I have Madonna's- Immaculate Collection, Come On Over by Shania Twain and a few dvd's and a dvd of Alanis Morissette and a Sheryl Crow dvd. But that's it, I wonder who is buying Female Pop Singer's albums? Probably mostly women who don't claim to be audiophiles. :dunno:

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #12 on: 3 Jan 2021, 05:02 pm »
Mackenzie Scott (ex Mrs Bezos) - She could record on any label she chose to buy and have plenty left for my audio addiction.  We could claim the gear as a business expense.

charmerci

« Reply #13 on: 3 Jan 2021, 05:58 pm »
Er..., I have Madonna's- Immaculate Collection, Come On Over by Shania Twain and a few dvd's and a dvd of Alanis Morissette and a Sheryl Crow dvd. But that's it, I wonder who is buying Female Pop Singer's albums? Probably mostly women who don't claim to be audiophiles. :dunno:
I love women's pop music - again, if done well. All the old jazz female singer, Anita O'Day, Ella, Dinah Washington etc. as well as many pop female singers but only their early music (pre-mid80's) such as Carole King as pretty much all pop and jazz music has slid down a pit of mediocrity and zero inventiveness.

But yeah, most people who buy women's pop music today aren't audiophiles.

Docere

« Reply #14 on: 4 Jan 2021, 02:20 am »
I love women's pop music - again, if done well. All the old jazz female singer, Anita O'Day, Ella, Dinah Washington etc. as well as many pop female singers but only their early music (pre-mid80's) such as Carole King as pretty much all pop and jazz music has slid down a pit of mediocrity and zero inventiveness.

But yeah, most people who buy women's pop music today aren't audiophiles.

Me too... but I'm not limiting "pop" to the artists in the poll. For a broad cross-section: Grimes (yeah, Elon's got that covered), Agnes Obel, Feist, Emiliana Torrini, Tracey Chapman, Suzanne Vega, Julia Holter, Hope Sondoval, Bjork, Roisin Murphy, Angel Olsen, Beth Gibbons, Tracey Thorn, Sia, Alison Goldfrapp, Joan Wasser, Regina Spektor, Sarah Blasko, Tanya Donelly, Natalie Merchant, Polly Harvey, Tori Amos, and so on and on and on... I think they qualify as pop. Some of those artists can be (or were) inventive or can simply communicate well.
« Last Edit: 4 Jan 2021, 07:29 am by Docere »

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #15 on: 4 Jan 2021, 07:16 pm »
Me too... but I'm not limiting "pop" to the artists in the poll. For a broad cross-section: Grimes (yeah, Elon's got that covered), Agnes Obel, Feist, Emiliana Torrini, Tracey Chapman, Suzanne Vega, Julia Holter, Hope Sondoval, Bjork, Roisin Murphy, Angel Olsen, Beth Gibbons, Tracey Thorn, Sia, Alison Goldfrapp, Joan Wasser, Regina Spektor, Sarah Blasko, Tanya Donelly, Natalie Merchant, Polly Harvey, Tori Amos, and so on and on and on... I think they qualify as pop. Some of those artists can be (or were) inventive or can simply communicate well.

I listen to some of those artists but some I have not heard of.  Thanks for the nice list, gives me some new music to check out!

Digi-G

« Reply #16 on: 4 Jan 2021, 10:11 pm »
A toss up between Shania Twain and Dua Lipa.  And Shakira.

I think some mud wrestling would help decide.

Mag

« Reply #17 on: 5 Jan 2021, 12:58 am »
A toss up between Shania Twain and Dua Lipa.  And Shakira.

I think some mud wrestling would help decide.

Shania is showing her age, last photo of her I saw she was using a lot of makeup to hide her wrinkles. However she just purchased her son or was it her daughter a mansion in Californian for 1.8 million dollars. So she should have some pocket change left over for you.

I'm in love with Dua Lipa, think she has a sexy voice, love the song Be the One. I would marry her legitimately her money would be bonus. And she reminds me of my ex-girlfriend only I believe she has her head screwed on. :lol:

charmerci

« Reply #18 on: 5 Jan 2021, 06:43 am »
Nancy Wilson still looks great!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MR28NW1sLM